Rogers International Roaming Package

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers International Roaming Package

I bought two International Roaming Package (for my wife's phone and myself) for travelling to Tokyo, Japan in July 2014. Both my wife and I disappointed when both phones didn't work properly:

1) I could text from my phone ONLY to my friends in Japan but couldn't text to my wife's phone;

2) Both my wife and I could not make even one call from both phones (each other and/or to my friends in Japan);

3) All my friends in Japan received an error when they called me or my wife.

Before leaving Canada, I called Rogers and asked if we would have to add extra numbers before original 10-digit during travel in Japan. I was told that I could use just 10-digit number with no additional (e.g. +010-1 or 1). My friends and I tried to figure out what's wrong with all different settings and numbers but was no luck. I also tried to call Rogers Customer Service; however, my phone didn't work, so how could I make a call?

Ended up both my wife's and my phones were totally useless entire period of our travel. I wasted my money ($125 + $70 + taxes) with Rogers International Roaming Packages.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers International Roaming Package

Hello FNJB

Hmm seems like something did go wrong. Usually when you u go into another country, the phone will log into another carriers network . Did you see any network name?

Also if you want, you can contact Rogers via calling them, Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and see if they can give you a discount or something for the inconvenience this has caused.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your advice, Meowmix.

I saw a carrier (NTT Docomo: Japan's major mobile carrier) under Status. Both my wife and I didn't see any abnomalities in settings and/or network status.

I will call Rogers to see how they explain.

Again, I appreciate your help.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello FNJB

Hmm then it could have been either from the Japanese carrier or Rogers. Sometimes you may need to change a few settings or the package wasn't put on properly