Rogers Infinite Plans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aakashshome
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Infinite Plans

Slow 4G Speed

The speed of my 4G internet is really slow. After crossing 10gb, i am supposed to go to reduced speeds but my reduced speeds were never so slow for almost one year and now suddenly the speed is so slow that I cannot even browse anything. Even my google maps are really slow. But my friend who crossed almost 40gb but is on the same plan as me, never experienced anything like such slow internet. Please fix this issue. I do not like this kind of a service.

RogersZia

Good evening @aakashshome and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'm glad to hear you make good use of the allotted data in your plan at max speed. Just as a reminder, once you've used up all the data in included in your plan at max speed, you will continue to have access to data services with no overage beyond the max speed allotment at a reduced speed of up to 512 kilobits per second (for both upload and download) until the end of your current billing cycle. Applications such as email, web browsing, apps, and audio/video streaming will continue to function at a reduced speed which will likely impact your experience. 

If you typically run out of your allotted data at max speed mid cycle it may be a good idea to look into another plan that may best suit your needs. If it's a one off scenario, you can look into purchasing a Speed Pass, which you can use until the end of the bill cycle in which you purchased it. 

A Speed Pass can be purchased through MyRogers Self-Serve or by reaching out to us. The 90% and 100% notification about the max speed allotment included in your plan also has the option to purchase a Speed Pass to add more max speed data to your plan. 

Hope this helps :)!

RogersZia

aakashshome
I've Been Here Awhile

You still give the standard answer. How does my friend get to use data at suh high speed even when she used 40 gb data. and i cannot use at that speed. we have the same plan.  DO NOT TELL ME TO BUY SPEED PASS. Thats your tactic to get more money

LegendsHunt
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Infinite Data disconnecting constantly. I'm over my data, so I'm on slow speed right now, but this is the worst it's ever been. I can't even play a simple game that requires internet on this speed, it's crazy. We get charged for a good service, and the slow speed is literally unusable. What's going on with the speeds here?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While the data is 'infinite' (as in that you wont get overage charges if it goes over like before, or get cut off)
Its really just for that.. for an 'oh no I am just going over before the end of the month' sort of thing so your not completely cut off.

Generally the data is supposed to be enough for just more important/emergency stuff.  
For receiving images in text messages, emails, etc (albeit slowly)

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

512 kilobits per second  

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

2 options, 

buy xtra data or change your plan

LegendsHunt
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand that, but it shouldn't be so bad that it's constantly disconnecting. I can barely navigate these forums on these speeds. It takes me about 5 mins per page, and that's if I'm lucky during the loading, it won't go to "network disconnected" because page wasn't found from slow speeds. This is ridiculous.