Rogers Infinite Plans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers Infinite Plans

Your unlimited internet is not truly unlimited! The price is ridiculously high and after 10 gigs the speed reduces to unbearable speeds of 256!  If your going to promote and unlimted plan you should make it a truly unlimited plan!  Competition is suppose to create superior services at lower costs.  This is just a scam.  Let us know when you get real unlimited service!  And you will get a whole crew of people switching over to your cell service, which will in turn boost your sales for the sales you would lose in internet............ Capitalism at its finest, shame on you rogers 

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Infinite Plans

While I would agree.. real unlimited should be the ultimate goal.

This isnt quite un normal though unfortunately..  many companies do the same or similar.

Freedom for example, has X gb plans, with 'no data overages'  So yes you can go over your data limit.  But once over that limit, it goes to a reduced speed.

Even some other carriers say in the US, like Tmobile, who have 'unlimited' plans, in their details says that people using over certain usages, COULD get a reduced data rate till the end of the cycle.

Not saying its RIGHT.. and probably shouldnt be necessarily listed as an 'unlimited' plan, but maybe more like how Fredom lists theirs.
But it might be a step forward / closer.

EG:  My wife is on an ultra tab plan.  So paying a fair bit to begin with.  And only gets 10g (up to 14 for a while due to extra promotion).  For the same price,  under the new plan, gets 20g (plus the slowdown after)

But its not for everyone..   You dont have to change if you dont want to.

I Plan to Stick Around

It is unlimited though, I've seen tons of people on social media whine that it's not unlimited.. it IS! Yes I agree it sucks throttling especially at those speeds. But it is still unlimited. Even companies in the States throttle after a certain amount..

Everyone needs to remember that this is a start point, in a year or two plans will be cheaper and better. But we have to start somewhere
I'm Here A Lot

Can you even get on any of these plans and still get the 30% off EPP?

I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently as of right now you can't have the 30% discount on the plans which is stupid
I'm Here A Lot

You can?

Weird, I'm trying to figure it out as a friend tried switching and they said he would lose the 30% discount and won't be able to apply it on the new  Infinite plans. Thought I ask here since it's tough to get through via phone now.

I've Been Around

Just listening in to the chat about the 30% off.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my godfather switched to the infinite plan and his bill went down by 10 bucks, plus he got more gigabits of data and unlimited now too

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there any plan to change 256 kbps for 512 kbps like Telus offer
Highlighted

Hi @Nens,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

If there are any changes to the new Rogers Infinite plans, we'll be sure to update the Community!

Stay tuned 😊.

RogersZia