Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers First Rewards

I have yet to USE any rewards..

I am GUESSING it might be due to the day you did it.

Since you did it on the LAST day... it may take a few days, for the CREDIT to process..
I am guessing it got processes on that day.. but then your billing cycle ends, and the credit will appear after.

So your next bill, would then have the credit? (even though on regular charges)

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have a question that maybe someone could help me with. Last night I ordered and watched a movie from Rogers On Demand. i forgot about the points before ordering so can I redeem them today to cover that purchase.
The movie is still have access to the movie for another 24+ hrs.

I think I have my answer and it is no.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Frazzled wrote:

Rogers has introduced a new loyalty program called Rogers First Rewards. From what I can see, it will replace the Better Choice Bundles discounts. 

http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Better-Choice-Bundles.pdf

If you previously subscribed to the Better Choice Bundles discounts, you could could earn up to 12% in discounts depending on how many services you subscribed to. Of course, if you got a better retention discount, you would lose the Better Choice Bundles discount. However, the point is that the Better Choice Bundles discount will be grandfathered UNLESS you sign up for Rogers First Rewards. You have to read the fine print!

Better Choice Bundles™ Customers. You acknowledge that if you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other discount program, and you are otherwise eligible for the Program, you may enroll in the Program. However, you acknowledge and agree that once you enroll in the Program you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount or other applicable discount, and such discount will automatically be discontinued for all Rogers services and accounts under your name as of the start of your next billing cycle. Once you have stopped participating in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program, you will not be able to re-enroll.

Judging by the comments on another forum, the First Rewards program is not very good. 

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1758769&postcount=8

It does not surprise me in the least that when Rogers introduces something new that they take something away in order to get it. Past experience would suggest that whatever they take away is usually better than whatever will replace it. So just a cautionary note: BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE NEW PROGRAM. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BETTER CHOICE BUNDLES DISCOUNT AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK!

yes read the fine print. i just got an email telling me about this wonderful rewards program and the "free" spins and draws etc but to sign up for it I need to waive the discount I currently have. What a sleazy promo!

""I acknowledge that I have read, fully understand and agree to the Rogers First Rewards Terms and Conditions and understand that my Better Choice Bundles discount will be removed from my account once I am enrolled in the Rogers First Rewards program.""

Yes if you have a discount the Rewards program is not likely a good deal for you. For those loyal customers who have been paying full shot without access to discounts unless they upgrade or add services, the program is a nice little crumb.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To be honest. I like this program. I already have $110 worth of point to do a upgrade which will cost me $110 less when getting a new device when upgrading.. This reminds me of the Fido Dollars which they use but this is points instead of dollars.

Many will have different views and opinions on this program and if it's not a program you like, simply don't accept it. If u accepted it without reading the fine print its the end users fault not Rogers per say.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can we use Rogers reward points to do a hardware upgrade if the cell plan is a corporate personal plan?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is a very good question..

You might be best to ask on Facebook/Twitter directly to rogers... since this is all user to user, and we dont have all the answers Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

From my experience with Rogers on Facebook and Twitter, they don't have any answers either! LOL

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have always had good luck with them, but thats usually just for minor account things (adding a box, etc)

just saying, they will have more of a chance of knowing, than us users Smiley Tongue Smiley Happy