Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rewards on Hardware

The description for discounts on hardware all say that it is off a 2yr contract.  Can the 500 points for $5 off be used on a phone I want to buy outright to use on my Rogers Wireless account?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rewards on Hardware

I beleive its towards contract phones only.

That being said.. if there is enough points, you could use enough to pay all the flxtab amount, plus your initial fee, and then have no tab, therefore no contract i guess?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers First Rewards

Hello Moxy

Its only for upgrades. You can't use the for Outright purchases unfortunately. You can use them towards your flextab
I Plan to Stick Around

Reality is ... if customer has the 12% Better Choice Bundle Discount, how does the Rogers First Rewards benefit them?

Giving up 12% for a measely 1%? 

How long does it take to accumulate enough points for a US Travel Pack ( US Combo Travel Pack: 40+Unlimited - 1500 POINTS)? 

For a PLATINUM CUSTOMER @ $200 a month, 400pts a month = 4 months ... but translated with the 12% BCB it becomes SAVINGS OF $96 ($24 a month for 4 months) ...

The 40+Unlimited US Combo can no longer be purchased with the closest thing being a Travel Pack with 100min+Unlimited SMS @ $40 ... so .... essentially it takes the customer 4 months to SAVE $40 with the Rogers First Rewards ... but under the BCB the customer SAVES $96 over 4 months ... what is more beneficial for the customer?

Stay on the BCB for 2 months already enough savings to PURCHASE the US Travel Pack and still have $8 left over for something else ...

What's even more funny is that it needs 7500 points to redeem for US Combo Travel Pack 60 Unlimited (60min + Unlimited SMS) ... same calculation ... 19 months to accumulate 7500 points the Travel Pack that has 100min+Unlimited SMS) @ $40 ... but over 19 months using the 12% BCB the customer saved $456 ...

Mathematics and reality.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TigerEROS

It all comes down to the customers and what they decide to do. I know many that picked the Rogers First Rewards and left the Better Bundle Discounts and are happy with that choice as they can now use points on their phones / PPV. Some others are upset as they lost the BBD. Its all up to what u want in the end.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Also you have to look, that about a year ago I think, all new customers no longer got better choice bundles. It's a grandfathered thing.
This system benefits them as they were getting nothing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is correct. As far as i know no new customer can get the better bundle discount. They either have a choice of the first rewards program or a small discount they get from Rogers when speaking to them
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree 100% with TigerEROS. A  potential 12% discount is far better than anything that could come from Rogers First Rewards. A customer who chooses to give up the BCB discount in favour of the new Rewards program is likely someone who failed high school math. 

It is also interesting to note that Rogers is now promoting the new Rewards program on their Facebook page and I see no warnings about the potential loss of the Better Choice Bundles discount. Sorry, but this is just not right!

While I do agree that the Rewards program is better than nothing for those that never had BCB to begin with, surely it must be obvious why Rogers has replaced BCB with First Rewards - it will cost them less!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most adds it seems like are geared towards more NEW clients, etc.. which they dont get the BCB anyways..

But it SHOULD be more upfront about the loss of them.

At least it DOES explain it in the FAQ/Fine print.

We shouldnt HAVE to look in there for it.... but its a good rule of thumb, for ANY product or service you are going to sign up for.. is to make sure to read the FAQ, Fine print, Terms of Service, etc... BEFORE signing/agreeing to anything.

I've Been Around

On Tues Jun 10, I thought I used 1300 points to upgrade 80GB to 120GB usage for the final day and it did show that I had indeed upgraded for that day (period was from May 11 - Jun 10), but the points did not decrease on the site, and now for this billing period (Jun 11 - Jul 10), I still have 120 GB but my bill has increased? I thought using FirstReward points did not affect bills. What's going on?