Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers First Rewards

Hello Yatti420

This has been already discussed in another thread as well. Sadly you need to pick which one u want. I do not have any better bundle discounts but i do have some discounts on my wireless & TV services & never lost them. This is ONLY if you have the better bundle discounts or something similar. I did read your post but i never lost my discounts from retentions that they offered me.

Anyways i honestly think they made a mistake doing this. Putting those rules should not be there in the first place .
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/message-id/59...

I Plan to Stick Around

It specifically states all discounts on all services? Scared yet? Wait til you get a bill!.. So unethical - Rogers just hit a new low to be honest.. 

I Plan to Stick Around

To be honest it's not a matter of choice either.. Roger's market's this as an add-on.. This is a scam!.. 100% no doubt about it.. 

Roger's intention is to have people suscribe to this in order to remove all discounts from ALL services.. I smell lawsuits when somebody gets stinged by this.. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Yatti420

Read my edit. I am actually not scared as i have a note on my account saying even tho i applied for the first rewards, my discounts will not be touched & if they are, they will put them back. I have the interaction number & recorded the phone call to make sure ( Got the reps okay to record the phone call).

I have gotten 3 bills & nothing has changed so nothing will change as i see it. I am not calling it a scam as its not really a scam. They give u the option to OPT in & lose the discounts u have OR stay with the discounts. Thats not a scam. YOU have a choice & YOU read the rules before accepting them. Its not a scam as i see it. Scamming is a different thing then this. This gives u the option to take it or leave it.

Just Rogers does not put the rules correct. They need to rethink about it & change a few things. They did go in the right path but needs some changes.

Even if someone sues Rogers, it will be throw out or taken care of outside of court. Why? Simple, the rules are there & u read them before agreeing. Correct? SO in other words, its your choice on which one u want or keep. I have seen Bell, Fido & other companies do the same thing for years. Dell & Sony do this as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

You haven't been with Rogers that long I take it.. Their entire intention is to relieve the user base of all discounts on all services.. It's pretty clear in their terms & conditions.. 

You can't tell me nothing has changed.. How many services do you have? Exactly what do you define as nothing has changed? 

I think you should go re-read all TOS for this "add-on" as they like to call it.. New way of thanking customers? Hmm I think not.. It's the exact opposite..  

There is zero warning.. Very sad.. Just let me clear to any Rogers customer out there.. If you do this don't come complaining to me when this becomes the default.. This looks to be the plan by way of their marketing.  They won't correct the mistakes the bundles are gone.. Apparently not in the "system" anymore.. 

If you want to lose 75-80% of whatever kind of discount you had.. Just keep waiting and this will be the default.. It's only opt-in for the initial stages.. 

Let me be 100% clear.. STAY AWAY.. and if you can. (no contract). Just go to TekSaavy.. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh the only way you were able to get Rogers to leave your discount is by opting in over the phone.. They know who you are and . with anything or not giving you 100% of what you want is trouble.. 

This is not the case for 99.99% of other Roger's users.. Retention isn't even authorized anymore to give discounts!? << Definately rethink this one Rogers.. 

If you see the way my posts are heading you will get an idea of what this post transformation of Rogers is going to look like.. Run now while you still can.. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Yatti420

Wrong. Been with Rogers for 9 years now & know a lot on how they work & do things.

I have Rogers Cable, Rogers Internet, Rogers Wireless & soon to be Home phone. So in total there will be 4 services with Rogers. Cable & Cellphone i have been with them for 7 years.

I do have my fair share of issues with Rogers( as you can see on my so many posts that i have complained about ) but i do not have time to cancel, sign a new agreement with another provider & have the same issues there. I do have Bell Cable & cellphone with them at the same house & see it. Tech savvy while it looks good, i have read many bad reviews as well. I am not saying Rogers is perfect but every single company has its own hidden issues / problems & lies. I have seen this first place.

As for the change, nothing will change on my bill has the discounts have NOT been removed after3+ months of having the First Rewards. Like i said, i spoke to rep ( Manager) & they told me & left on my account if the discounts do get removed because of it, they will reput them back. I have it recorded & got the interaction number for it.

Nope. I OPT-IN over the internet & then called them. Spoke to a rep, transfered over to retentions in which transfered me to a manager. The Manager from there did his work & helped me. Most reps if not all do not want to help u during this time or most of the times but there is some good ones. Rogers Retentions is allowed to give discounts depending on the account u have & what u have. Higher discounts are given by management only.

I am not running anywhere lol. I am staying here until either i want to leave or Rogers shows me something really bad ( it has but i stayed & since then i have not had MAJOR issues.).

Your post is fine & dandy & it will help others but to say its a scam, really then look at all the providers & tech savvy as well & look deep down to see all of theirs issues. All in all, all i am saying is make sure you look deep down at the others before going to them. I did this & avoided headaches from the other companies.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will not aruge, that in general.. YES its a better idea to stay with the better choice bundles, than the first rewards.. MOST people (unless they use their phone to travel alot), will find the 'money saved' to be higher on the better choice bundles.

But in the end.. its is NOT a scam. 
A person.. must VOULENTARILY sign up for it... they are not forced into it.  (unless they are someone who already doesnt have the better choice bundles (which NO new customer does for the last little while)).

All the information, THAT the bundle discount will be removed, IS posted and available.
Should that information be more upfront / warning?  200% agree.
BUT, it is there.
ANYONE, who signs up for ANY service... without reading EVERY bit of infomation available for it.. from the FAQ to the fine print, before 'signing' it... it is their own fault in the end with the consiquences. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Correct. You have many ways of reading the information. It shows u it twice on the page before confirming it. Also you as a customer decide if u want to OPT-IN, you aren't forced at all to do it. There is no scam here.

In other words, yes the rules of this is a b it effy BUT you have the option to get it or stay out of it. Not being forced to do it.

I've Been Around

I phoned in this morning about some billing on my account.  

After concluding the Rogers rep told me that I qualified for "First Rewards" program.  He explained that the more I paid on my account the more points I got that I could redeem for movies, etc. 

When I went looking for "First Rewards" online I stumbled on this forum, fortunately.  Because it's here that I learned that you irrevocably lose all your other discounts if you sign on to "First Rewards".  This was never mentioned by the Rogers rep.

Thanks for the warning.  I have all our services with Rogers and while I find them sometimes great my history with the company has always been that you can't trust it.