Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Rogers First Rewards

@Azuri21 wrote:

With that being said I still drop a lot of money into the Rogers coffers each month. I came to see what the rewards were for the reward program and clearly sticking with my 12% reduced better choice bundles is the way to go for now.

Just to put things into perspective can you post a BALLPARK amount that you pay Rogers every month for all your services to enable this unbeleievably generous discount you receive. Inquiring minds want to know.........Thanks

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I Plan to Stick Around

@Hogwash wrote:

@Azuri21 wrote:

With that being said I still drop a lot of money into the Rogers coffers each month. I came to see what the rewards were for the reward program and clearly sticking with my 12% reduced better choice bundles is the way to go for now.

Just to put things into perspective can you post a BALLPARK amount that you pay Rogers every month for all your services to enable this unbeleievably generous discount you receive. Inquiring minds want to know.........Thanks$

After discounts my last bill was $253ish for the month after the discounts and taxes for that posted amount. I can spend more if my iPad flex plans get more usage but the 12% will also apply. My gut feeling is the value of the Rogers First Rewards program will not come close to that amount. I could be wrong since I don't know any details about it other then the e-mail they sent me asking If I wanted to switch out from the Better Choice Bundles it's the reason I came out here to seek this thread. I'll stick with the cash money discount for now until I see the comparisons of the two programs.

I'm an Advisor

I'm still getting text messages from Rogers about First Rewards. I wish they'd go away, but I have no way to stop them. Rogers certainly knows how to annoy its customers some times.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There should be a 'not now' option.. which does not promt you to sign up anymore on the emails, etc..

As for the VALUE.. depending on your TIER and the amount of points you would be getting per month..

I am at about the HIGH end of it (maybe would be higher if i had more than 2 phones..) but i have TV with boxes and extra package, express internet, home phone and 2 cells @ 80is/m... and i would be gaining probably around 800pts per month.

Things that points get you for that range.. are about $8-9 in value.. so likley LESS than the 12%.

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

I recently got a discount for my internet and cable packages, plus $5 a month off my wireless bill, for the next 12 months. I don't actually know how First Rewards is going to work and whether or not I'll accumulate some kind of "points" even though I have a discounted plan. Guess time will tell.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While not always... some other promotions (like retentions discounts) will sometimes prevent a person from bundling otherwise..

and not have the better choice bundles Smiley Sad.. and once those are gone, they are not comming back.

As far as i know.. you dont start accumulating until you sign up... but signing up will get rid of the BETTER CHOICE Bundles.. but shouldnt get rid of anything else.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

As far as i know.. you dont start accumulating until you sign up... but signing up will get rid of the BETTER CHOICE Bundles.. but shouldnt get rid of anything else.

I think that anyone who is eligible will automatically get points.

Form the Rogerw web site  There's no registration, no membership fee, and no card to carry. The only thing you have to do is decide what reward to choose.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right.. but i mean, someone who is NOT on the program.

IE: someone who is getting a better choice bundle.. and has not loged in and said YES, wont start getting points.

Thats my understanding at least..

Otherwise would be totally unfair.. someone who DID fully switch now and lost their better choice bundles, would only start getting points and no discount.
And a better choice person, would be able to get their discount, and just keep getting points until they are forced into changing.. getting double the value, etc.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

You are correct. Someone that has NOT agreed or accepted to be in the First Rewards Program will NOT be getting points unless they accept it and stop using the better choice bundles.
I Plan to Stick Around

Roger's is up to their shenanigans again.. 

Here is a tip for all Roger's users.. Don't sign up for First Rewards! I REPEAT DO NOT SIGN UP FOR FIRST REWARDS.. 

Say goodbye to all your discounts!... This should be 100% illegal.. I may report them to my local mp / appropriate agencies for action.. This is how Rogers feels about their customers.. The ones who pay their dividends.. Sigh.. 

You'll have to call in and complain in order to have this reversed.. If it's to late I probably wouldn't bother.. Really just another reason to LEAVE rogers for TekSaavy my #1 choice.. I've never been so dissapointed in a company before.. I mean how much worse can it get for Canadians?

2. Program Eligibility.  
General Eligibility Rules. To be eligible for the Program, you must have an active account for Eligible Service(s)
Non-Eligible Customers. Even if you have an active account for an Eligible Service, certain customers will not be eligible for the Program, including customers who participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other specified Rogers discount programs and customers who participate in discounted bulk services agreements. Non-eligible customers will be listed on the Rogers First Rewards Portal.     
Better Choice Bundles™ Customers. You acknowledge that if you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other specified discount program, and you are otherwise eligible for the Program, you may enroll in the Program. However, you acknowledge and agree that once you enroll in the Program you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount or other applicable discount, and such discount will automatically be discontinued for all Rogers services and accounts under your name as of the start of your next billing cycle. Once you have stopped participating in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program, you will not be able to re-enroll in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program. 
3. Program Enrollment.   Only eligible Rogers Account Holders may be enrolled in the Program. Program enrollment policies may vary depending on timing, region, customer type and/or other factors to be determined by Rogers in its sole discretion, and are subject to change without notice. For example: (i) you may be automatically enrolled in the Program; (ii) you may be able to enroll by logging into My Rogers and signing up at the Rogers First Rewards Portal; or (iii) you may be required to enroll by some other method. In other words, not all Account Holders will be automatically enrolled in the Program or have access to the Rogers First Rewards Portal. Once enrolled, you will begin to earn Points (as described below) as of the start of your next billing cycle.