Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers First Rewards

Rogers has introduced a new loyalty program called Rogers First Rewards. From what I can see, it will replace the Better Choice Bundles discounts. 

http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Better-Choice-Bundles.pdf

If you previously subscribed to the Better Choice Bundles discounts, you could could earn up to 12% in discounts depending on how many services you subscribed to. Of course, if you got a better retention discount, you would lose the Better Choice Bundles discount. However, the point is that the Better Choice Bundles discount will be grandfathered UNLESS you sign up for Rogers First Rewards. You have to read the fine print!

Better Choice Bundles™ Customers. You acknowledge that if you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other discount program, and you are otherwise eligible for the Program, you may enroll in the Program. However, you acknowledge and agree that once you enroll in the Program you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount or other applicable discount, and such discount will automatically be discontinued for all Rogers services and accounts under your name as of the start of your next billing cycle. Once you have stopped participating in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program, you will not be able to re-enroll.

Judging by the comments on another forum, the First Rewards program is not very good. 

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1758769&postcount=8

It does not surprise me in the least that when Rogers introduces something new that they take something away in order to get it. Past experience would suggest that whatever they take away is usually better than whatever will replace it. So just a cautionary note: BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE NEW PROGRAM. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BETTER CHOICE BUNDLES DISCOUNT AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK!

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers First Rewards

I tried signing in to the RFR site and it said it's not available in my region.  I guess the internet doesn't extend to my region, despite me accessing it through Rogers cable for years now.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello _0101_

The Rogers First Rewards was only turned on in some cities. Most cities in Canada do not have them yet but Rogers will be turning them on soon.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@_0101_ wrote:

I tried signing in to the RFR site and it said it's not available in my region.  I guess the internet doesn't extend to my region, despite me accessing it through Rogers cable for years now.

It does sound like nothing they will give you is anything more than a token reward. I have to think that the winner in this will be Rogers (with the bundle discounts of up to 12% being gone) while customers will need to spend a lot of money to get a measly $10 (or less) freebie, such as a free on demand movie!

Just as an example, we only get the bundles discount of 12% on our wireless plan due to retentions discounts being much greater on home phone, Internet, and Cable. Our base plan is $55 per month, resulting in a discount of $6.60 per month. Based on what I have read, you would have to spend $1000 just to get a free on demand movie, currently priced at $5.99 (for a limited time only). Do the math folks. It is a no brainer! No thanks Rogers!

I'm an Advisor

Rogers First Rewards

Like many people I'm sure, I recently received an email about the First Rewards initiative. Since then, I've received text messages from Rogers about it as well. This is the first time in ages I've received a Rogers text message. My marketing permissions on my account won't let me update text message because it tells me that I don't have a cellular phone. I'm aware of this issue and spoke with someone on the phone long ago about it and she assured me she would take care of it. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but was wondering if other people have been getting texts about this initiative.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have not myself, only email.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think only people that are still on the old Better Choice Bundle program will receive marketing for it, everyone else is enrolled automatically (i.e. not on BCB)

The reason is because Rogers can't take away your BCB unless you opt-in to the Rogers First Rewards, so they try and persuade you into taking the new offer. Honestly, If you have the %12 discount, I would keep it. As of right now, The rewards aren't really anything special.
I'm an Advisor

Crilde:

What you say makes sense. I've been with Rogers for about 15 years, although I haven't seen the term Better Choice Bundles in a long time. I agree the First Rewards thing doesn't look very interesting, but I haven't spent any time trying to understnad it either.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on the # of services.. i beelive with the bundling in that way.. you get a $12.99 max, discount on your bill every month.. just for having all the products.

Those are not longer available to NEW customers.. so the rewards is the only way to go.

Every month, based on the amount you spend on your services, you are placed in a tier, silver, gold, platinum.  Silver gets 1pt per $ on the bill, gold 1.5 and platinum 2.
(EG: for my aplicable services (the security system doesnt count currently), is about $370, so i would get 740 pts aprox every month.

With the rewards.. they are usually temporary upgrades, addons, etc... for internet, wireless, tv, etc.

Internet: on month upgrades to higher package, additional usage addons, etc

TV: One month of a add on station package, RoD movie rentals, etc

Wireless:  US and international voice, text and data roaming bundles.

Bigest future thing to the rewards.. when they implement it, you will be able to put points towards a phone upgrade.  So say the new iphone is $200 on a 2 year contracts.. if you had enough points, you could cut most of that $200 cost, etc.

For someone who travels alot and uses roaming for example.. the savings of that addon might be more than the $12.99.

But generally.. someone on the better choice bundles is better to stick with them for now.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Depending on the # of services.. I believe with the bundling in that way.. You get a $12.99 Max, discount on your bill every month.. Just for having all the products.

Those are not longer available to NEW customers.. So the rewards is the only way to go.

Every month, based on the amount you spend on your services, you are placed in a tier, silver, gold, platinum.  Silver gets 1pt per $ on the bill, gold 1.5 and platinum 2.
(EG: for my applicable services (the security system doesn't count currently), is about $370, so I would get 740 pts aprox every month.

With the rewards.. They are usually temporary upgrades, addons, etc... for internet, wireless, tv, etc.

Internet: on month upgrades to higher package, additional usage addons, etc

TV: One month of a add on station package, RoD movie rentals, etc

Wireless:  US and international voice, text and data roaming bundles.

Bigest future thing to the rewards.. when they implement it, you will be able to put points towards a phone upgrade.  So say the new iphone is $200 on a 2 year contracts.. if you had enough points, you could cut most of that $200 cost, etc.

For someone who travels alot and uses roaming for example.. the savings of that addon might be more than the $12.99.

But generally.. someone on the better choice bundles is better to stick with them for now.

I have the 12% Off Better Choice Bundles. Just to be clear there is no :$12.99 cap. It's 12% across the board with no max caps.  I actually have many services through Rogers you have to have the three minimum services to get the BCB discount but it applies to everything on your account even when you add new things for example I recently added two Ipad mini's for my wife and I on the Ipad flex plan and even though the BCB is no longer offered the 12% savings is applied to that too. My last bill with all the services saved me $32.63 and the 12% discount is actually applied before taxes your technically saving even a bit more.

With that being said I still drop a lot of money into the Rogers coffers each month. I came to see what the rewards were for the reward program and clearly sticking with my 12% reduced better choice bundles is the way to go for now.