Rogers Complaint Process

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Complaint Process

Finally a real opportunity to see that I am not alone in your issue!

But I will say, I did finally get to a pompous Advisor, Office of the President!

It has come to a ping-pong scenerio for me between Manager, Management Office to Office of the President and on and on!

- Rep dictates what is relevant in our concerns and sets you up for an ultimatum from Rogers! It is Rogers "credo" and "policy" to have the customer listen or hear what Rogers has to say or do ; and not listen to a customer's concern, despite numerous times telling they are sincere in l;isteneing and our voice being important, bla bla....

Now I have silence from either Offices! They are hypocrites.

I assume I have no other outlet or avenue to pursue!

I'm a Senior Advisor

My own personal experience is that we have always reach an amicable solution. Have never gone past office of President. Concern from my experience has gone to office of President from the send a concern. Have always been able to speak to someone within 48 hours. Although I missed the call a few times. But yes I have too felt like a ping pong ball taken a lot of time and frustration in both sides. I use a lot of I feel statements and this is what I want to see and what can you do. I may have an advantage. I have had 24 years now and have dealt with at least twenty major issues over time. And I don't work so I have lots of time and often say exactly how long we have been at it and this is not a good use of either of our time. And I want to get off the phone happy and I want you to go home happy too.

But no question it can be frustrating one incident took over three months. A lostphone for repair and nobody. Store phone company rogers would take ownership. Took three different people at oop before it got reolved and she took total ownership on it. The first two I said this is going nowhere let's leave this open and I will call back in one week and try again. Third person called me and said let's find a solution. New phone some compensation. All happy. Funny part original phone showed up three weeks later. Igavethem name at office of President and said all resolved. Call her. She called me next day and we had a good laugh.

Goood outcome but can drive you crazy. Try to keep your cool be patiently persistent and if need go ombudsmen. You need all documentation of what you did and what you want. You contract them at their office by mailing I think. And you can go cctc. But note that cable is not yet under cctc. Will be soon for now it is crtc. You do that online and again you need full documentation of events. So always document date time outcome name and interaction number.

Best of luck. Sometimes it is just time of day mood weather who knows what and right person. Or at end of day you can walk and media is option too. Your sanity and health is just worth it some times.

Definitely no fun. Its business in our fast paced bottom line economy and yes customer service feels like lip service at times. So I just keep my gums a flapping. ☺

All the best Bruce.

I Plan to Stick Around

BS, thanks for the insight and maybe a sanity save!

I do apologise for naming names, but was unaware

at the time! Besides I neede to vent!

It is sad that Rogers are hypocrites who mislead customers

into thinking they are concerned for our concerns and sincere!

They keep red-herring us and expect we accept it! So I will keep

demanding compensation for their shortcomings! Yet 3/4 of the

time they object without telling you!

The CCTS won't deal or handle with TV issues at this time, not

until September I'm informed, if that!

Having reached the Office of the President was initially a long

awaited achievement until they showed their true colours!

Now I feel that their total silence with me is their course of action!

Not only them, but tha Management Office as well!

Anything they dictate now will be disregarded and I will turn up

the heat! I'm not a quitter nor ignorant nor naive enough to give up!

I've piqued an interest with someone in the press, and I will continue

until this subterfuge of Rogers is brought to the attention of the public

locally and regionally! (that's my New Years resolution) and then some!

What I needed to know was if there was indeed another who had reached

the Office of the President!

What I have observed is Rogers is too diversified with titles and subtitles

galore! The left hand knows nothing of the right! I will change that!

I will introduce them to a little noise! I abhor the "If there are any other

concerns etc. etc.." in that they will not honor our concern with no concern

on their part - lip-service only! They will learn what persistance stands for!

You may have reached an amicable solution, but not in my case!

You have been reached by 48 hours, I have been reached after 168 hours!

Do you now see that that is unsatisfactory and unacceptable! Besides, I am

more resilient than he makes me out to be!

I had the pleasure of "not" receiving "any" response nor reply even after one

whole year from a letter sent! That's unforgivable! That's deplorable!

I thank you for your prior experience though!

Ed

I'm a Senior Advisor

@lawny wrote:

Some times we just need to vent somewhere, just be careful to stay within the terms.  We have all learned through experinece I think.

They are a sales and customer service/relations department, from the store, to the phoning, to the fluffy ads on TV on the web site, to such a degree, it can be hard to find what we are looking for, so I am not sure I would call them hypocrites.  They just stretch the concept of "truth in advertising", as far as they can, as do many other companies.

Reality is many will accept it, so it is always worth the try on their part. It must be worth it to spend the money on the time and training and systems for staff to deal with us and still make profits, and not lose too many customers.  If you read the financial statements on line, look to numbers of users, and churn rate (people leaving) and profits.  As long as the profit is overall high enough in the whole company, some poor areas, and loss areas they can live with it, but continually falling numbers and high churn will eventually hit the bottom line and will lead to changes in how they interact with us, or sometimes, like Shomi, and the recent years of IPTV development, they just let it go and start over.

But at least it is coming - it got left out for way too long, and the CRTC in the last couple of years have certainly shown that at the end of the day, they will balance customers and company costs and future investment, but they are admanat that competion needs to occur, and pricing and availability must be fair, and they will force it if necessary - that is how we have seen we cancel without 30 days, clearly indicating all costs, terms, cancellation fees, etc on the terms and contracts, easier bills, etc.  It has not necessarily been in our benefits in the short term, but in many areas, change has been in our advantage - example, both my daughters walked away from Rogers with no notice and since they were out of contract, it cost them nothing, and I got a credit back.  In the past, they would have had to watch the date of cancellation very closely to give them exactly 30 days notice on the right day.

They are an extension of the system, but have more authority to problem solve and broader range of solutions, but are still limited in what they can do or say from those above.  You will notice that on bills and various places, the escalation process has been explicitely described now (another CRTC ruling).

Pretty much true - once they are done with you, they move on.  And it is policy for sure that we only here what the powers that be allows us to hear and in only the way, the staff are permitted to say it.  They have marketing, and customer management down to a fine art, as do many large companies.

Yes, many have been to the OOP and results have  been mixed, although in general, I would say satisfactory.  They are the only company with an Ombudsman - it gives one last chance to avoid a complaint to CCTC, and they do report those complaint rates in their financial statements to shareholders, and CCTC also reports comparison of companies (Rogers has the lowest rate - I suspect due to the Ombudsman but I don't really know.)  So it is in their interests to resolve it and close the complaint.

But do remember that on the other side of that phone is another human being, just trying to do their job, and I have learned the hard way, by coming on too hard, versus what I would describe as my calm, but straight shooting style, where I don't shoot the messenger, that I get far more results now than I used to, and I have learned to read the fine print in great detail, and never take an offer initially as offered - I always say I need the quote, all implications, ask for item by item analysis of changes, implications of changes on any existing services or pricing or contracts, and a full understanding of how cancellations work and potential costs - life can throw incredible curve balls at times, and you may have thought your income was safe for the next two years, only to have your wife come home and say she is laid off - true story - and I never agree to anything without running it by together with my wife, and we often both are on the phone at the same time.  And we are both taking notes, and asking for clarifications.

galore! The left hand knows nothing of the right!

Definitely that is very true - they have huge staff turnover on the lower levels, and they have been changing things so often in the last year of so, that not only can we not keep up, neither can they, and good luck finding someone to understand an old plan - the front levels cannot even see information on old plans, and if they are new, they may not even have a clue what you are talking about.  Definitely, if you are going nowhere with getting understanding with one person, politely say, you will move on to another person, confirm what you have discussed and what is in their notes, then call back, or ask for a transfer upwards.  I don't spend long anymore when the person on the other end can't deal with my required accommodations for my cognitive limitations in voice conversations and how many times I need things repeated and how much I forget - that is why I write so much in my posts - it is just the way my brain works).  I don't need to waste my time, or theirs and I say that.  There is always another customer waiting, and if they end up upset from me, the next person may have a tough time too and I never want that to happen.

I will change that!

I wish you the best of luck, sincerely, I do, in that journey - that is one of my causes is that I always leave them with a tidbit of ideas of how they can improve their services based upon my experience with them.  There was a time when lead staff met with management once per week, and they would agree to take my concern forward, and I often saw changes in their practices.  I don't know if they do that anymore, but I at least put it briefly into the report a concern, and I also do send compliments.  Just who I am.

I did in the one I described, but I am not sure that I mentioned that I have not always got that outcome - I would say about 75% of the time, but sometimes, I just cut my losses and get a solution that way.

I can believe that it was not in your case - you wouldn't be writiing this if you had.  Take some time ifyou want and look back through my history of posts - you will find high degrees of frustration at times.

Again, I have been generally reached in 48 hours, but in some cases I have sent the message again. And I just did the calcluations - 168 hours - 7 days - I have been there too.  Very frustrating without a doubt.

more resilient than he makes me out to be!  By the way, the Office of the President is just a level above above the manager and the last level before Ombudsman - it is a whole bunch of staff, and I don't think they are really concerned about your resilience, there i always another call right after you they have to deal with.  Some experiences have been good, others not.  I do the same with them, I say I will call back if I am losing it, or I will just put them on hold - I say I am grabbing a coffee, have to go to the potty, and suggest they can do the same if they need to.  And sometimes I do have to stop because another demand comes up, but I ask them to call back, and if they don't, I just use the send a concern again, and explain what happened and start again.  

Your are welcome - I too have had the same - and yes, it is unacceptable and unforgivable.  I wish you all the sincerest hopes for you finding a way to move forward and get change in the interactions you have with them.

Have a good holiday.

If you want to say more, I have just put this here to validate for you, and me, and others, that we have all been through the same, and each of us ultimately makes our own decisions on what we will do with it and ultimately, many just walk, and others don't.  If you want to discuss it more, I don't mind doing a few more conversations to allow you vent, but please PM them to me.  I have to balance my time between here on the open board, my own life and therapy, so PM's I do get to, but they aren't on the top of the list in most cases.

All the best to better experiences, or finding new ones.  I wish you happiness, peace, and content, ultimately in your life.

@lawny wrote:

galore! The left hand knows nothing of the right! I will change that!

more resilient than he makes me out to be!

Ed

Ed

I've Been Around

Hi,

I was a customer with telus and brough in 2 new connection from them to Rogers (Corporate Account). One of the cell # that i am using  has a data plan. As per corporate deal - I got connection for $65/month with Voice & data. We were offered additional $100 bill credit. 

2 days before I called to ask why the credit of $100 is not showing on my 2nd bill I was told by the rept. that RBC is getting good offer from Rogers and therefore $100 credit is not required and can't be offered to us. He advised that he see note from the Rogers channel Partners who offer corporate deals to RBC req. to provide $100 credit in my bill but he refused competly. 

RBC Corporate offer is as below that is provided to employees: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 32GB-EPP

New Activation Prices
New Activation 2 Year term (Voice & Data)
Get an additional $100 Bill Credit

$199.99

Description: Unlimited Local & NA LD Calling Unlimited SMS/MMS (Domestic), 5 GB Data
Airtime Included Unlimited North American Calling (Calls initiated from Canada)
Data Included 5 GB
Tethering Included

I request to please look into it and have the credit of $100 applied to my bill. I dont want to compain htis matter to our corporate office with the result they might take some action or eleminate Rogers from getting further deal from RBC employees. 

Thansk -Rikhi Gupta 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@rikhi007 To get any consideration of getting this looked at directly, you will need to contact by personal message or PM as some will shorten it to by going to your profile in the top right corner and sending a message to @CommunityHelps  They will correspond with you to get your full account details and see what they can do.

You can also do a chat, Facebook messenger, twitter, or phone into billing.

This board is user to user only, it is only communityhelps that can help you directly, as they need private account information from you to proceed.

Best of luck.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

That's all well and fine for you, but you seem a little too "passive" for me, and it is about myself that I have to be concerned about!

I have come to a stand-still at present with the Advisor, Office of the President exercising his executive prowess with halting all communiques with Management Office with me and dedicating denial and refusal of help and placing the blame on me! Despite his assurance in discussing my concerns with the President, I am unable to find exactly what was discussed with his "blatant" comments of only that they were!

It's like pulling teeth with him and any communication has come to a complete HALT ! That's not how to resolve any problem ! It is rude and brash !

We offer concerns they claim to help deal with, while in turn, they determine whether it is indeed a concern to be concerned about!

It's all about Rogers, and not the customer!

to place many Share A Concern with Rogers with no follow up now with the Management Office since his intercession, ending with no intervention at all !

Whatever he claims passed on to the President is purely what he "deems" pertinent to pass on and not what we "deem" pertinent! A no-win scenerio !

So, BS, you continue with your passive measures to no avail!

It is no wonder  we get nowhere your way !

FOOD FOR THOUGHT !

Ed

I Plan to Stick Around

At least I am still trying !

Not giving in nor giving up as many others have!

With an Advisor to a President that is not sincere (as claimed)

for the customers!

He wishes me to refrain from my emails and submissions with Rogers !

That's the irony, " State your concern" but we at Rogers don't want any further concerns stated"

That's Rogers logic and how to deal with honest and sincere customers!

That's what I am up against, and you, BS, expect me to accept!

Ed

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lawny

No need to be rude to BS. He had been trying to help you by saying the forums aren't a way to communicate to then and to reach out to the @CommunityHelps.

As for your issues. I only had once a issue like this where a manager never called me back nor helped. Asked another manager and got a advisor from the Office of the President and took 72hrs but got a call back and dealt with my issue. Never had any issues since with the office of the President.

I wonder why they have stopped communicating. Maybe it's something you said? Maybe it's that they deemed the issue resolved and once that happens, all advisor's usually know not to open it u again.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hey @lawny , if you are so adamant that you are being screwed over and want to go to the top  ... why don't you address the ombudsperson for Rogers and  get it sorted .. I wouldn't bother wasting time with Community Helps or any one else. Take it to the top ,sort it and move on. 

And remember the problem is partially your responsibility  for not doing your research and  falling for the marketing promises.   Smiley Wink :smileyhappy

It all depends on your situation  ... are you relying on something legal for your stance on the situation or the goodwill and customer realations   of the company?   If it is the latter .. get too aggressive in your demands and I imagine they will just tell you to take a hike.