Rogers Buyers Remorse Policy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Buyers Remorse Policy

If I return my phone in 15 days and under 30mins, 

do I still have to pay the activation fee and other service charges?

Or all thess charges will be reversed?

Thanks

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Buyers Remorse Policy

Dont quote this as 100% accurate..

BUT.. i think you would eat the activation cost, etc.  They are 'technicaly' the cost for the person to set it up, etc etc... so that has been done already.

The return, just allows you to get the cost of the phone, the contract canceled, etc.

At least by my understanding... but its something you could try to ask/fight for.. no guarantees though.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bergkamp

You will end up paying for the time you used the phone up until you gave it back. The only charge that will be reversed is the cost of the phone.

****Updated Solution****

When a customer has Buyers Remorse and returns the device before 15 days they will be responsible for minutes, data, and the amount of days used out of their monthly plan. The cost of the device and activation fee will be reversed.

I've Been Around

Despite what they tell you in the store  - you WILL be billed for this free trial.

I went to a store and was cocerned the Rocket Hub wouldn't work in my area that has weak cell coverage.

I was told to take a Rocket Hub home, plug it in, do a few speed tests and visit a couple sites, to see if it worked.

I did that and it worked terribly because of the bad reception.

I returned it the next day (under 24 hours later) and they said thanks for trying it and said there were no charges.

30 days later I get a bill in the mail for $82.  I figure it must be a mistake and that once they realize the account was cancelled then the bill would be wiped clean.

30 days later I get another bill for the $82 plus interest!!  I get a call a couple days later from Rogers about my account and I explain the situation - they say yes there was a mistake and they will delete the charges.  So I figure its taken care of.

A couple weeks later I get a final notice for the total amount AGAIN.  I call and they tell me to pay or I am going to collections.  I call Rogers and they tell me that yes I shouldn't be charged and pass me on to someone who can help.  They get on and tell me I have to pay the bill.

I was told that when I tested the device I used 30megs.  Sure I don't argue since I tried it out for about 30 minutes doing speedtests on one of those speedtest sites.  So it was determined that I was charge $2 per meg.  This is quite a stretch from the $99 I was originally quoted for 15 Gigs if I kept the Hub.  I'm not sure how I could trial the gear without using any bandwidth.

To summarize I was told by four different Rogers staff that I shouldn't have to pay a dime.   Even the person that said she couldn't reverse the charges said I shouldn't have to pay - but there's nothing she can do about it.  So everyone at Rogers agrees I shouldn't pay - but I still have to pay or they will ruin my credit rating.

Moral of the story - nothing is for free and Rogers Buyers remorse is certainly well names - as I have remorse I ever dealt with Rogers.  I never will again deal with this company  and I will tell everyone I ever meet again about this poor service.  The matter is still not resolved and now I look at a legal approach to clear my name.  So much for giving Rogers an honest try - it really came back to bite me!

I'm a Regular

Where to ship j3 prime?

Am on day 13 of 15 of the return policy I thought was 30 days. If I should ship tom where do I send it too?

Hello @cafekief,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

Giving the chance to our customers to change their mind, if they're unhappy with a device purchased, is something we make a priority. We want to ensure a smooth return process and hopefully send you a phone that will better suit your needs, in a timely manner.

If you are within 15 days of the original purchase date or shipping date, and you’re returning the device the same way it was sent to you, it will be our pleasure to process the device return. 

First, make sure you have removed device passwords and account locks. The hardware must have been purchased through customer service for you to be able to send it back by courier.

In the original box with the phone came a return envelope and all of the necessary instructions. The waybill that is included will include the address of the warehouse where your device is to be sent.

After sending the phone back, make sure to keep the tracking number. The refund will be applied once the device is received and processed.

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Also be sure to tell us where you purchased it too, some stores have a Rogers Sign on the front of them but they are not owned by Rogers Communications, they are owned by third party retailer. These third party are ALLOWED to sell rogers but have their own satisfaction guarantee different than rogers corporate owned stores, so please be aware

I've Been Around

@RogersMaude wrote:

Hello @cafekief,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

Giving the chance to our customers to change their mind, if they're unhappy with a device purchased, is something we make a priority. We want to ensure a smooth return process and hopefully send you a phone that will better suit your needs, in a timely manner.

If you are within 15 days of the original purchase date or shipping date, and you’re returning the device the same way it was sent to you, it will be our pleasure to process the device return. 

First, make sure you have removed device passwords and account locks. The hardware must have been purchased through customer service for you to be able to send it back by courier.

In the original box with the phone came a return envelope and all of the necessary instructions. The waybill that is included will include the address of the warehouse where your device is to be sent.

After sending the phone back, make sure to keep the tracking number. The refund will be applied once the device is received and processed.

RogersMaude

My husband recently purchased/returned a phone we bought out - paid full price, no new contract - still on our old month to month contract after his previous one expired. The phone was returned under the buyers remorse policy within the allowed time frame and the "refund' was issued as a credit to my Roger's account which is seperate from my husband's, not sure how this was even possible?!?

I'm questioning your statement in the comment above that a "refund will be applied"...applied where? Can you clarify?

So, I"m a bit confused as to your definition of a refund; as a bill credit is not the same thing as a refund?!?

Because we received a credit and on the wrong bill/account. 

Needless to say, I have to call in (again) and clear up this error. But, my frustration stems from the conflicting information provided to customers - it needs to be black and white - no grey areas especially when a big purchase is involved. 

The Roger's sales representative we spoke to  (by phone - no retailer in our community)  who assisted with the purchase of the new phone was very informative and helpful. The second agaent we spoke to in order to arrange to return the phone was less than helpful - little knowledge of the "Buyer's Remorse" policy and confused on details of my husband's cell phone account. We requested to speak to a supervisor or  manager regarding this buyer's remorse policy and he was knowledgeable and helpful. But now, we are stuck again calling to fix another "information loop hole" mess up!

I can't recall how long we have been with Roger's, and we consider ourselves loyal customers but maybe it's time for a change...I guess our almost $1,600 a year in cell phone charges is a very miniscule profit to them - we are just a replaceable account number.  Just saying... 

We don't want any freebies or red carpet treatment, we just want to be respected as customers and be treated fairly.

Thank you!

Hello @Paulitzki23!

A huge welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!! 😀

Treating our valued customers fairly, and providing knowledgeable service on a consistent basis is definitely very important to us. We certainly hate to disappoint. 😞 

Just to clarify, by 'refund' we are referring to the credit adjustment that is applied for the cost of the returned device. It can take roughly 10 business days from the return shipping date to be processed. After this is completed, the refund will be applied within 7 business days. In your situation, since you bought the device outright at full retail cost over the phone (I presume with a credit card), then the said refund should have automatically processed back onto the same credit card used to make the purchase. If for some reason this was not done, you can reach out to us and we'll be more than happy to help get that taken care of for you. If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our Private Message system, please CLICK HERE.

Now, I do find it odd that the refund would have been applied to your account instead of your husband's if that is where the device purchase was processed. We can certainly have a look into that for you as well to see what happened. 

We hope to get this resolved for you ASAP! 

RogersLaura