Rogers Bundles

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Bundles

Yah, I never expected to get HD cable TV for $25 per month.Smiley Tongue

I have always purchased my cable boxes and saved hundreds by doing so. Rogers' rental fees have always been way out of whack IMHO.

I was wanting to see an actual listing of exactly what channels we will be getting for $25. I don't understand why we can't know that up front. Is that unreasonable? Considering I'm the schmuck paying? It's just this kind of playing their cards close to their chest that causes customers to not trust Rogers. I hope their PR department (they do have one, don't they?) takes note.

Thanks anyway folks! Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its one of those things.. they are not going to release till the last second likely 😛

My understanding.. is the basic skinny will be canadian content at min.
Canadian channels.. local news, city tv, etc.

They CAN add more to it.. whatever they want above the core.. their call.

Really we have to wait and see 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the utmost confidence that Rogers will wait until the last minute...and then come forth with a great deal for their customers...LOL
I've Been Around

Just curious...what cable boxes do  you buy and where? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @J_MacD

You can get the normal HD box ( NextBox 2.0 HD terminal) or the NextBox 3.0) which both have different prices. You can get them at any Rogers corporate stores which sell them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers HD Terminal woes

So as a new customer I just got on a bundle with internet and TV.

The TV comes with this ancient humongous Explorer 8600 that is scratched and dinged up and its slow and heck. 4 seconds to change channels? Is this really the best Rogers can offer? And dont even get me started about the guide; its practically broken and unusable.

I don't care for a PVR but surely getting a fast enough box should be considered standard?

If this continues, I am most likely going to cancel my services within the week.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jason121212

Oh no that's no good! I would call in and see if they can send out a new one or go to ur local Rogers store and see if they can replace it with another one. Unfortunately the software that box is running slow down the box.

The have the NextBox 3.0 PVR or the HD box instead. Grab that one if u can. I know u said u don't care about PVR but it's good to have.

Next year Roger is releasing their IPTV box with service from Comcast so that should help out with new software and terminal.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well they want to charge me extra for pvr and or 4k box. I just want a basic box that is gonna cost the same and change the channel when I press the button..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jason121212

Ask to speak to a manager and see what they can do. I have seen plenty of people getting the 4K box or even the PVR for free with those bundles. So pretty sure they can do it but pick not too because it shows that box for the bundle and they most likely have tons of them sitting in the warehouse.

I would highly recommend and suggest to contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do for u! Click on the link above, Private message them and see what they can do!
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks 

Will ask them and see what the say. I know sales said no when I bought the package but they never said this box is slow as heck.