Rogers Bundles Negotiations Discrepancy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Bundles Negotiations Discrepancy

If this is the wrong forum to discuss this situation, please delete. I’ve been a Rogers Customer for over 30 years and over the last several bundle package negotiations without fail, I’ve encountered either a price or bundle package discrepancy. At the end of each bundle package negotiation, I document, repeat each detail of every package, as well as the total monthly price including tax to the sales rep. I then ask the rep to repeat, so as to ensure there was no misunderstanding, including the final price. I then get the employee’s name, the special i89********** reference number. I also ask for an email, so as to get a hard copy, and even though they agree, it never gets sent. This time around they didn’t include TechXpert, which is included in all 3 bundle packages offered in my area. When I called Customer Service, I was told, “I’m sorry, but we’re unable to add that since it wasn’t included”. After several attempts, I asked to speak to a supervisor, which I was promised but never materialized. In the end, after being put on hold 7 times, 1.5 hours later I accept 3 months free as I was late for an appointment. Once again, I’m frustrated as it's happened again. My question is how do I prevent this from happening again as I feel Rogers didn’t provide what was promised and paid for?

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Bundles Negotiations Discrepancy.

Hi @Nickel11,

Thank you for your patience and your loyalty!

I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks,
RogersShakir

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

That's really strange, considering it's impossible to put the bundle offer into place without the TechXpert feature added on, which is done precisely to avoid this sort of thing. Oh well, hope you can get it sorted out.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the replies,

From what the Customer Service Rep explained, the sales rep, added everything that was in the bundle but didn't package it as a bundle package which is why the TechXpert portion was omitted.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Yeah, that would be the only scenario that makes sense. If it was packaged as a bundle, it wouldn't allow the order to go through without TechXpert being added on. I'm glad to hear it was resolved.

Don't get discouraged. From your original post you do everything correctly when you call in. Actually you do more then most do. We do what we can on this end as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

With the help of RogersShakir, I was able to resolve this issue to my satisfaction. I have my fingers crossed that my next bill will be as expected with no surprises. I hope in 2 years I can find a better way of negotiatings a bundle package so that there is a papertrail rather than "he said, she said". I prefer one on one phone conversations, but would like it in writing before the next bill arrives. Thanks for your help lockdown2341.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe get back in touch with @RogersShakir or @CommunityHelps again, and make sure that your preferences on your account in regards to email, etc are all set properly?
As you normally SHOULD get emails with the change details.

This may help in the future with negotiations.

The last two times i have done negotiations over the phone, and over twitter.. i did receive the emailes, which was a great help in confirmation 🙂

Also one thing to remember.. that the current LISTED deals on the webiste, sometimes are 'new' customer bundle deals, and not always 100% available to existing customers 😞  So what you may get, is not always extact.
BUT.. sometimes you can actually get BETTER than there as well 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply Gdkitty.

I did get a follow email with the changes made, but I don't totally understand the way it was set up. I'll wait to see my next bill and if it's close to what I was expecting, I more than ok with that.

Gdkitty, thank you for being part of this forum and helping fellow Rogers customer's with there concerns and or problems. Have a great weekend and I hope to be more active on this forum as I found it very helpful. Maybe one day I'll be in a position to offer helpfull suggestions.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

YEah.. SOMETIMES they are not the easiest to read.. sometimes with the + / Minuses.

I usually have the person wait on line with me, until i receive it.. and then go over it line for line with them so i undestand it 🙂
Time consuming.. but rarely have an issue then afterwards with suprises.

While i wouldnt say i am the oldest rogers customer.. i have been with them for... well a long time.

My household was on the ORIGINAL rogerswave highspeed interent.. we were in the BETA program when it was in NEWMARKET only.. way back when it was a whoping 256kbps!! (5x faster than dial up!).  Been with them pretty much since.. (have swaped to bell 1-2 times.. but always ended up having worse and coming back :P)
From that.. have years and years of KNOLEDGE on how things work, etc.

My job, i work in IT, and one major thing is TRAINING, etc.

So i figure.. i have the knoledge.. if i have the time... may as well SPREAD that knoledge.
If it makes someone elses day that much easier.. the world is a better place, right?

Hope to see you around the forums more too 🙂  Any questions, always feel free to ask.

I've Been Around

We have been arguing with Rogers since we had service. First it didn't work for months due to faulty installation. Then we had to fight about our bill every month, never the amount we agreed upon when we called to only ask about cable, as we didn't want to leave our current provider a customer service rep by the name of Ben assured us that the whole package if bundled would be $168 taxes in, not a promotion it would be as long as we had service for this price. Called tonight and spoke to a rude customer service rep who said that this was not the price. When I asked for the recording of the original conversation he sent us back into que so no one would answer our call we waited a total of 2hrs 15 min on hold with no one answering our call. Rogers and there employees are crooks. I hope you people get paid a boat load of money to be upsetting customers. I don't know how this is legal or how Rogers is still in business, I am disgusted by this company and will NEVER get sucked into you lies and deceit ever again.