Rogers Account in Collections

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Account in Collections

hello,

i was out of canada for 1 year and when i came back i discovered by written mails that rogers sold my debt to a collection agency and that this appears in my credit report,i really didn't have a background about this yes i owe the debt and i am ready to pay it , but i need some instructions about how i could do that and how i can remove it from my records

thank you

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Account in Collections

Hello @andrew19

Oh no! That's no good. Unfortunately they will do that since u have no paid any payment or arrangements of payments and for 1yrs u were away. Companies tend to do this.

You would need to contact the Collection agency that u need to pay the amount to and speak to them about it. Some collection agencies will let you pay it but will still show on your record of what happened for 7yrs I believe. Some collection agencies however will let you pay the full amount or whatever amount they are asking for and it will be taken off. 95% of the time though it will show for 7yrs no matter if u paid in full or not.

You can also contact Transunion and Equifax as they are your credit union and they will explain this to you more clearly then what we can on here. They can go over it with u and explain what will happen. Same with the collections agency.

Hopefully this helps u!
I've Been Here Awhile

but the prblem is i was owening to rogers 2092CAD i already paied 500CAD TO rogers not to the collection agency and you can check the payment history

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Andrew15

When u paid Rogers, did they tell you that the account is active and if u pay that much it won't be sent to collections?

If so then u need to contact them back and speak to them.

I have a thought here. When ur account gets suspended and it goes to collections, Rogers had a department for that which then takes care of it. I would call Rogers and speak to them before anything and see.

Call Rogers and ask for the collections department / management. Ask then to see what's going on and if indeed they sent the account to a collection agency, then that $500 should be sent to them.
I've Been Here Awhile

just on more thing, if i paid it in full to rogers not to the collection agency what would happen and if i paid could i open a new cellular account ?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Andrew15

Even if you pay that amount off, the system will have flagged you for no payment for a year and if u try to open a new line, u will most likely get rejected to open a new line due to that or they will ask u to out down a big security deposit down.
I'm Here A Lot

Deported > Account Suspended > Roger Kept Billing Me > Collection Agency

So I got deported with no previous warning, couldn't cancel my account and when finally in my home country called rogers to try to cancel my account and they just transferred me from one department to another cause no one new what they were doing, finally my account got suspended but they kept billing me, now I'm in the collection agency phase, so what are they going to do? I'm no longer in the country and zero plans to ever returning there.

Good morning @hyrule182!

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear you've experienced some difficulty in getting your account cancelled. Under these circumstances, cancelling your account should be a relatively simple matter!

I would ask that you call our International number at 1 (416) 935-5555. When you reach an agent just tell them that you've left the country and need to cancel your account as a result. They will transfer you to the right department to assist.

Alternatively, we can assist with cancellations here. Please PM us @CommunityHelps if you'd like for us to do this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the info, this is what I needed, I've sent a private message.

I'm Here A Lot

I sent you a reply telling you that I was ready to fill out the ''time-sensitive secure form'', I waited for one hour to receive this form but never received it, I have other things to do, this is what I've been dealing since January just to try to cancel my account, let me know when we can try this again, thank you!!