Roam Like Home charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Roam Like Home charges

Am I mistaken or is there nowhere on the Rogers site that tells you that the $5 daily Roam Like Home charge is per line?  I looked everywhere for that before I took the plunge, changed my plan to a Share Everything and ported my second phone number over from another provider.  

I honestly thought that the "Share Everything" included the roaming access with the Roam Like Home plan on all devices that are part of the plan.  Naive? Perhaps, but the dual $5 charges on my first bill were a shock. 

Rogers - maybe you should think about changing the name of the plan to "Share Almost Everything".

Sure would have been nice to even have some fine print somewhere on the web site that would have indicated this sneaky bit of accounting Tom-foolery...

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Roam Like Home charges

To tell you the truth that would be to good to be true... 5$ a day is already cheap can you imagine someone with 5 devices? That would 1$ per person that would be almost free lol So yes a bit naive but also Rogers should clearly tell their costumers that the price is per devices not per accounts!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The dreaded FINE PRINT Smiley Sad

One of those things, i had to DIG for.  Found on the roam like home page, burried under the +details at the bottom

Offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.

1. Taxes extra. Pay-Per-Use rate and subject to change without notice. Fee charged per line and applies for 24 hrs from first use in eligible destination. Roaming charges apply when outside the eligible destination. Data: Usage exceeding plan allotment charged in increments rounded up to next MB or GB (as per plan). Texts: Includes texts sent to local wireless number while in eligible destination or to Canadian wireless number. Sent/received premium texts and sent international texts to destinations other than eligible destinations charged at applicable rates. Calls: While in eligible destination, includes unlimited calls to local numbers or Canadian numbers. International long distance rates apply to calls to other destinations. See rogers.com/terms.

But i highly agree.. this info needs to be MORE upfront

I'm Here A Lot

Yup.... that would be fine print, alright. As to multiple lines at $5 per day total, don't forget that the data is shared, so there is a limit to what is covered. It's not like each line has 5 or 10 or whatever GB of data to use.

I guess my research abilities could use some work... thought I read all the fine print.
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

To be honest I'd think it would be kind of obvious that is per line.

If you're using more then one device in another country, why would you not expect to pay the $5/day fee on each device you are using?

If I went to a restaurant and saw the lunch special was $9.99, I'd assume that was the price for each individual meal ordered, and not a flat rate of $9.99 for multiple meals.

I guess that's just me.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I travelled to the Caribbean and used my iPhone to iMessage text only and Rogers charges me $10 for 10 days. They are telling me they still charge because I don't need to have my Data and or Roaming on to send a text. I'm like "what!" How can you charge me for using wifi? That's bull----! I'm actually cancelling my services today.

I Plan to Stick Around

iMessage uses data if you're not connected to wifi. What did you expect Rogers to charge / not charge you?

I Plan to Stick Around

I was connected to wifi!

I Plan to Stick Around

100% of the time?  As soon as you would have dropped out of wifi range if you went anywhere, if you didn't have data roaming turned off, it would have generated data over the cell connection and triggered the Roam Like Home charge.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sure. My data and roaming has been off for months and it's still off and I never use anything other than wifi! I am very upset!