Roam Like Home Monthly Maximums - New CRTC Wireless Code

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Roam Like Home Monthly Maximums - New CRTC Wireless Code

Dear Joe ,

Thank you for contacting the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent agency with a mandate to receive, facilitate the resolution of, and, if necessary, resolve eligible customer complaints relating to certain retail telecommunications and retail residential subscription television services. The wireless code clause that explains that should be providing a notification for when roaming overage charges reach $100 is meant for overage charges only. The $12 cost for $15 days is the cost of the plan ( But is it?). The wireless code clause would not apply here as the charges are not overages charges. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your complaint, or anything contained in this correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Beware! I would definitely not recommend getting this. I was under the impression that the maximum charge would be 15 days however when i reviewed my bill Rogers billed more than that. The maximum days billed is only applied per billing cycle.

My son traveled for a month and he was billed for the entire trip. I called customer service and they told me that the "maximum 15 days" applies to each billing cycle. So say your billing cycle starts on the 15th, but you traveled at the beginning of the month, then you will be charged every day.

This also non-compliance to the $100 cap roaming charges under the CRTC wireless code

It is way cheaper to purchase a sim and a call card at your destination if you're travelling more than 15 days, since the new phones now are unlocked.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All the details for the roam like home do say, its per billing cycle.
If your bill went from the 1st to 1st, and traveled for 20 days in there, you would get a MAX 15 days charge.
But if your billing cycle is on the 15th, you would get 15 from one cycle and 5 from the other.

Interesting though your right, and calced it.. 7.99 x 15 per cycle.. is like $120, which is over the $100.
I wonder though, if its something to do , as these are not regular roaming fees?
These are on par, with say as before, buying a specific data/voice package for when roaming.  (just that instead of having an X amount of data, etc.. it just goes off what your plan max is)
That the max is to be done off of straight roaming fees.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not happy here this app will not allow me to see my account , SO WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN? I am ready to change PROVIDERS.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When will what happen? What was talked about in this thread was from well over 2 years ago , and was already in place.

What are you looking for information for?