Returning Rogers Equipment - Cable and Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lem1
I Plan to Stick Around

Returning Rogers Equipment - Cable and Internet

Hello,

I called Rogers to arrange termination of my cable and internet service as I will be moving to a city where Rogers services are not available. Only choice for tv/internet is Cogeco or Bell. My service is scheduled for disconnection on the day I move. I know I need to return the receivers and modem to a Rogers store. Can I return them to a Rogers store in the new city even though Rogers cable/internet services aren't available there? Or must I return to my current service city to return the equipment?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Returning Rogers Equipment - Cable and Internet

@lem1 wrote:

Hello,

I called Rogers to arrange termination of my cable and internet service as I will be moving to a city where Rogers services are not available. Only choice for tv/internet is Cogeco or Bell. My service is scheduled for disconnection on the day I move. I know I need to return the receivers and modem to a Rogers store. Can I return them to a Rogers store in the new city even though Rogers cable/internet services aren't available there? Or must I return to my current service city to return the equipment?

Thanks

Hi,

Probably Not.

It would not make sense for Rogers to equip their retail stores for cable tv and internet sales and returns in cities where they do not offer such services, so chances are, they can NOT take it back in the new cities where you are moving to where cable tv and cable internet are not provided. your best bet is to return it at the Rogers store local to you right now.    Perhaps a moderator could chime in if I am not correct

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lem1 I would call Rogers or talk to someone at the Rogers store for advice how to do this. Ideally, you should be able to leave the equipment there, still connected, and Rogers could pick it up from the landlord, real estate or next owner after you're gone. But you'd need permission from Rogers to do that so you're not held liable if it gets stolen.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree, call beforehand. Some stores are not well equipped for cable equipment. Most stores are independently owned and one owner may do something that another will not.  Make sure you get a receipt. I certainly wouldn't leave the equipment in the residence.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Return the equipment to a Rogers store that will accept it (them) and provide you with equipment return receipts.  Don't leave the store without the equipment return receipt(s) that list all of the equipment that you're returning.   If anything goes wrong with the accounting on the Rogers side, you have the receipts that prove the equipment was returned to a Rogers store.  Beyond that, its Rogers responsibility to account for the equipment. 

rpolanic
I've Been Around

Phone number to return rogers boxes and cable modem ?

RogersTony

Hello, @rpolanic

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We can definitely assist you with your equipment return.

As long as the return has been processed on our end you can easily return your equipment via Canada Post. You can find the specific steps outlined in our blog here.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Choie
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Returning unused Rogers cable boxes

I am no longer subscribing to Rogers cable TV service, but I have purchased several cable boxes in the past. Can I return the boxes to a Rogers store location?
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

A rogers store would likely take them off your hands and throw them in the electronics recycle bin. But you could make a few bucks selling them on Kijiji.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Choie wrote:
I am no longer subscribing to Rogers cable TV service, but I have purchased several cable boxes in the past. Can I return the boxes to a Rogers store location?

You can find a relative or friend who perhaps needs one and cant afford it, and transfer it to their account.

My dad was in a similar predicament he needed a new box to replace a faulty one and could not pay $$ or rent one cus he is on a fixed income, and his best friend who cancelled rogers cable came to the rescue and donated his boxes to my dad.