Return Policy: 30 Minutes Talk Time

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Return Policy: 30 Minutes Talk Time

I activated a new phone at the Rogers store. I got a note 3 for $199 and they told me that I can return the phone within 15 days and I shouldn’t make calls more than 30 mins. That is why I am using a magic jack app whenever I want to call someone. And when I was in the store to return my phone the agent told me that I'm over 30 minutes which is insane because I'm using my magic jack app and I’m monitoring it through my rogers account apps on my S4 phone (I didn’t use the note 3 because I find it bulky). Is there a way or anyone can help me on Rogers that can tell me how much I used. An agent told me on live chat that they should have a sim card reader that can read how many minutes I used. Which they don’t have in store they just called somebody which I don’t know. And now I can’t return my phone. I can’t even get my $199 back. Can someone help me here. Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Return Policy: 30 Minutes Talk Time

Hello castrel

No one here can help you sadly. Rogers has a system in place which monitors how many minutes you use. It could be that the app it self used minutes without you knowing and that's how you ranked up the minutes. Best bet is to contact the store manager and see what they can do. Sadly though they may not even accept it as the system will not allow it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

tell them to check the airtime on your account and not the timer on the phone. the timer on the phone may combine cellular airtime with airtime of apps such as majic jack, skipe, msn messenger, etc/

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: airtime minutes

Hello Pauly

Sadly some apps use normal minutes without u knowing. When returning a phone, they check via computer to see how many minutes u have done on that sim card and account. Then they tell u. They don't check the phone.
I've Been Here Awhile

IIRC, though, Rogers also checks data usage, which the MJ App might have used plenty of. 

Silly policy, in my opinion, but I guess it's the way they do things. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeffster1970

When you sign a contract, Rogers nor does any carry care how much data or texts u use. The ONLY thing they care is the minutes for calling. This is again explained on their site and contract. So data and texts do not count here. All Rogers wants u to do is go less then 30 minutes to return it.

I've Been Around

I was just wondering....I've just upgraded my phone and had to switch plans to a share everything plan. My wife cannot use anything data related now. I was wondering if the 30min air time included calling tech support for this issue. Because if I have to switch phones I don't want to get dinged for something that i am trying to resolve. I am at the 20 minute mark and it's NEVER a 10min fix. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kmykulak

Unfortunately yes it does count even if u call Rogers from tech support. The store won't accept it back unless somehow the back end team over the phone can clear it. I doubt it tho.

I've Been Around

I got an iphone 6s from rogers and I know the return policy is 30 minutes.
I was on call with rogers customer service and the wait time was over 20 minutes.
I am scared that those would be counted towards my usage and I will actually not be able to return my phone.
Please help.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ramamdeep2

Contacting Rogers at 611 shouldn't be charged to u as minutes. Unless they changed that recently but from what i know you SHOULD be fine. I would contact Rogers via Live Chat, call them or @CommunityHelps and see if u have gone over the minutes because of calling Rogers.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation