cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Ignite TV Box

chiarni
I've been here awhile

How can I return 1 of 3 Ignite TV Boxes I Have?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Return Ignite TV Box

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chiarni wrote:

You will need to contact Rogers and ask them to remove the set-top box from your account.  If there is a specific set-top box that you would like to return, provide Rogers with the MAC address and/or serial number of that set-top box.  (I would do all of this my sending a private message to @CommunityHelps .)

Rogers will then provide you with instructions on how to return your equipment.  You can also find instructions here: https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/returning-rental-equipment

Do not return any equipment until you get a return authorization from Rogers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chiarni wrote:

You will need to contact Rogers and ask them to remove the set-top box from your account.  If there is a specific set-top box that you would like to return, provide Rogers with the MAC address and/or serial number of that set-top box.  (I would do all of this my sending a private message to @CommunityHelps .)

Rogers will then provide you with instructions on how to return your equipment.  You can also find instructions here: https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/returning-rental-equipment

Do not return any equipment until you get a return authorization from Rogers.

chiarni
I've been here awhile
Thanks, I was hoping to just drop it off to the Rogers Store. I wasn’t 2 hours of my time with the Rogers call centre and all they did was transfer me to different people so I gave up. I beginning to believe this is a ploy so you can’t return there equipment so you can keep paying

@chiarni most, maybe all Rogers stores by now do not belong to Rogers.  They were sold to a third party company many years ago.  So, there is obviously some reason that corporate Rogers doesn't want the Rogers stores to accept Rogers equipment.  My guess is that it would cost Rogers more as the store owner would expect to be compensated for any extra efforts required to collect, pack and ship any returned equipment. 

When you post the set top box thru the mail, ensure that you get mailing receipt from the post office and ensure that you have a tracking number for the box.  Track that shipment and ensure that it arrives at its destination.  

The Rogers warehouse will no doubt lose the box and you will end up with threats to charge you for unreturned equipment.  At which point you should contact the moderators at @CommunityHelps so that they can contract the warehouse, at which point the set top box will magically be located.  But, it won't be located unless you contact the moderators for assistance.  Don't know why customers have to go thru this just about every time .......

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Datalink wrote:

The Rogers warehouse will no doubt lose the box and you will end up with threats to charge you for unreturned equipment.  At which point you should contact the moderators at @CommunityHelps so that they can contract the warehouse, at which point the set top box will magically be located.  But, it won't be located unless you contact the moderators for assistance.  Don't know why customers have to go thru this just about every time .......

@chiarni I think the team that processes returns is getting better now.  However, I would still initiate the equipment return on your billing date.  Rogers tends to be VERY quick adding that Unreturned Equipment charge to your bill and the return depot can be slow processing your return.  At least this way, you give Rogers the length of an entire billing cycle to process your return, and hopefully that will be enough time before any charges can hit your next bill... and you can also contact Rogers a week before your next billing date to confirm that the return has been processed.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation