cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing Services - 2021

Zifeng
I've Been Here Awhile

So, billing issues due to Rogers error, and over 3 hours on the line with Live Chat agent and nothing is resolved. 

It is the year of 2021 and a simple renewal of service can still be this complicated. Finally I get to experience the nightmares that should only exist in the news. Here is what happened in a nutshell. 

My internet offer expires on Feb 9, 2021.

On Jan 21, 2021, I talked to an agent via Online Chat to renew my internet and was given an offer of $57.63 taxes included which would kick in on Feb 10, 2021.

On Jan 25, 2021, I received a monthly bill which did not seem right. So I reached out to Rogers and was assured that nothing was wrong, the system would adjust automatically and I would received a credit for overpayment next month.

On Feb 28, 2021, a new monthly bill came in and was still wrong. So I reached out to Rogers again and was told that the offer never kicked in on Feb 10 as promised and in fact the promised offer did not even exist. Although the agent went through all the chat transcripts and confirmed everything I said, there was nothing she could do and the best she could offer was to renew my internet at $110 something a month. The agent then transferred me to a manager. However, after wasting another hour, I got nothing resolved. To be fair, the agent and the manager tried everything to rectify this issue but could not because they did not have the authority to do so. The manager even offered to refund me the differences manually every 3 months on his end. I turned down his offer because it seems the "Share a Concern" agents might be able to help.

Now onto the "Share a Concern" agent. After checking the previous chat transcripts, he advised me that the previous agent gave me the wrong information and the correct price should be $57.99 plus taxes. However, he was willing to match what was promised but had to charge me $8 extra for my HD TV box. WOW!!! At this point, I just completely lost it. I reached out to fix billing issues with my internet and now Rogers wanted to charge me extra for my cable TV. And the cable TV is part of my building contract and therefore I do not have to pay anything! He then apologized and told me that he was talking about charging me extra for the 2nd TV Box. EXCUSE ME? A 2nd TV Box? You do realize that I live in a shoebox condo unit and why on earth would I need a 2nd TV Box?

I am never a conspiracist but what I just experienced does make one believe that Rogers is playing some shady tricks behind! For disclosure, the “Share a Concern” agent finally agreed to not charge me $8 extra by removing the “2nd TV Box” and could only renew my internet at $65.53 instead of $57.63 as promised but will refund me the difference for the 12-month period in a lump sum credit upfront. I took the offer and at this point 4 hours of my Sunday evening have been wasted.

I am not a bargain hunter. As long as the price is not ridiculous, I will take whatever Rogers offers and that's how I have been with Rogers for over 20 years. And I know other service providers may not be any different. Well, now you guys finally give me the one reason that I need to leave. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Renewing Services - 2021

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @Zifeng!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that you had so much trouble getting this promise honoured but it sounds like we were able to come through in the end with that lump sum credit to make up the difference.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @Zifeng!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that you had so much trouble getting this promise honoured but it sounds like we were able to come through in the end with that lump sum credit to make up the difference.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

Zifeng
I've Been Here Awhile

If 4-hour is what it has to take to fix a simple mistake made by Rogers, I just do not have faith in your customer service anymore.

After all, what is the point to have all these Live Chat agents when Rogers does not even give them the authority/power to fix a simple error caused by Rogers?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation