Renewing Bundle - 2020

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abains63
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Renewing Bundle - 2020

I have been a Rogers customer for more than 25 years. In June 2020 my promotions for my cable, internet and home phone were set to expire so I called in to inquire about prices. I was told by the representative on the phone that I could keep my services for the same price ($209/ tax incl). I agreed and the Representative did what he had to do to update the account and said everything was good. Fast forward to July 15 2020, I recieve my first bill after the original promotions were set to expire and my bill was $292. I called rogers to find out what had happened and I was told that the representative that told me I could continue my services for the same price was wrong and there is no way they could give me that price. I find it extremely disrespectful that I offered and agreed to a certain price and am now being told to pay an extra $80 per month. Why do I have to pay for one of the Rogers representatives mistake? Any suggestions on what to do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. After you negotiated your renewal contract you should have received an e-mail stating the amount, channel listing, etc.  Did you not receive that?

2. Sometimes the first month after your old contract expires, Rogers billing department sends a bill that is a lot higher than expected, but then the following month that amount is corrected. For Example:  June $200, July $280, August $120, September $200.

3.  You can contact the mods here and they can look into the situation for you.  See link below on how to PM.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

abains63
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

No i did not recieve that email.

When i called Rogers they said that my new monthly bill is going to be $292 they didnt mention that its only going to be for the first month.

I will PM the mods. Thanks

iman1
I've Been Here Awhile

I got the below offer in My Rogers apps, after I accepted the offer, Rogers charge $24.00 per month for the 3 TV boxes.

My understanding is this offer include 4 TV boxes, is it correct ?

Unlimited Ignite Internet 500u
Upgraded Ignite WiFiTM Gateway modem rental included
Backed by the Ignite WiFi Promise
TV
Ignite TV Popular
144 total channels
46 Flex Channels
4 Ignite TV Box(es)
$159.99/mo**
Installation:
$29.00
Prices do not include any additional content or hardware.
Upgrade Now
Here’s your promotion!
Get $40.00 off per month for 12 months!
A credit of $40.00 will appear on your first 12 bills.

Get $29.00 off per month for 12 months!
A credit of $29.00 will appear on your first 12 bills.

RogersZia

Good evening @iman1,

Welcome to the Community!

It's always a good to clarify before you make any changes. Typically 1 box is included in the promotional pricing. Have you already accepted the offer and made the changes? If yes, I would recommend you to review the service agreement email to check the details of what the offer includes.

In order for me to provide you with a definite response, I would to have to access your account. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist you. You can learn more about our PM system from the How to Send a Private Message blog. 

RogersZia 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@iman1 wrote:

Here’s your promotion!
Get $40.00 off per month for 12 months!
A credit of $40.00 will appear on your first 12 bills.

Get $29.00 off per month for 12 months!
A credit of $29.00 will appear on your first 12 bills.

Were these promotions offered to you as an incentive to switch from Digital TV to Ignite TV, a special offer from a door-to-door sales team in your area, or are they readily available to anybody who calls into Rogers to order Ignite TV?

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/shop has some offers for new customers signing up for Ignite Internet but I didn't see any promos for prospective Ignite TV customers.

Thanks!

iman1
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, 

This offer is populated when I log on My Rogers Apps which indicate 4 TV box rental are included in the package. However after I accepted it, the email indicate only 1 box is included and extra $24.00 per month will be charged for the 3 TV boxes

CMS1
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there, I have been trying to get through to Rogers for 5 days now because my bundle is ending on the 7th of Sept. I have waited half an hour or more and at different times of day and twice an agent answered and then switched me right back to the wait list!!! I'm a 10+ year costumer with Rogers and would expect much better service then this. Maybe Rogers can see this comment and get back to me or better yet I can change service providers!! 😡

RogersMoin

Hello, @CMS1.

Thank you for being a valued member of Rogers’ family for so long; we appreciate your loyalty and would be happy to look into renewing your bundle. It's excruciating to be on hold and not getting through to the right representative. We can turn around this experience for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can get started. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,
RogersMoin

hideaway57
I've Been Here Awhile

My home phone, cable and internet was bundled for about $133+ a month.  Previous to that I paid $112+ a month. My bundle expired September 16, 2020, and now my bundle is $163+. BUT WAIT! After that $163+ is paid, my next bundle monthly payment is going up to $202+!!!! And apparently according to the Rogers rep I just spoke with, there are no bundles available to choose from at this time. $202+ is ONE QUARTER of my biweekly paycheck. Sure would be nice if our wages increased 85%. The Rogers rep tried to make me feel grateful for the promotional time I DID only pay $133+. I'm looking at another provider or getting rid of my cable altogether.