cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing Bundle - 2020

briand1956
I've Been Around
Yesterday I received an Email from Rogers telling me my Online bill was ready to view online. It also said , that my Cable discounts were expiring on June 6th, and that I should contact them.

So today I called Rogers. I was told that my old package ( VIP bundle with Cable, Home Phone and Internet for $119 plus taxes) was not available anymore and I had to take an Ignite Premier Bundle.

I was told that this bundle however, did not have some of the channels I used to have now (even though it is Roger's most expensive of their three bundles), or as many channels.

Secondly I was told the Home phone did not have as many options as I had now and even voice mail was an extra option.

Thirdly I was told that due to Covid restrictions I could not get the new bundle until the restrictions were over.

Now my rant.

This new bundle was going to be an approximately an extra $45 (plus taxes) a month, but unfortunately I would have to keep my old package until the Rogers could come install my new equipment ( a service fee of $149.99). I asked why I could not just install it myself. I was told that the wiring was different for the TV connection , and different for my home phone setup.

THEN I was told that until the new package was installed my bill would be OVER $100 more as my discounts will expire on June 6th. I couldn't believe what I heard. Rogers could not install my new package before the old package expires and they would not freeze (continue the discounts) the price until they could. I asked specifically "why with other business make exceptions during this pandemic , would Rogers not freeze the price. Why was I going to be penalized because THEY could not do the install". The answer I was given was " your discounts expire and that is that"

Comments?????
===========================

footnote: I was just looking on the Rogers site to see what was different with their equipment. Here is what I saw

On March 25, 2020, we shifted to an updated self-install service for all new activations of Ignite Internet and Ignite Internet + TV bundles*.
With this updated self-install service, our Rogers technicians will deliver the equipment to your door. They may also complete work outside your home to make sure it’s ready for our services. To keep both you and our technicians safe, technicians will not enter your home.

***Edited Labels***
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Renewing Bundle - 2020

I am a senior on a fixed income and have been a Rogers customer since the beginning.  I feel I was taken advantage of when I agreed to switch to Ignite.  I have discovered other customers received a upgraded package while I got Flex 5 at the same price!  My contract will be renewing soon.  I cannot afford another $5 a month never mind $50.  My lifeline and home security work with wifi.  I have Netflix and Prime.  Should I cancel all services except internet?

Good afternoon @thriftyscot,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post! We appreciate you took the time to share your current situation with us. We’re sorry to hear you’re considering cancelling everything but your Internet. We do value our loyal customers and that fact thar you've been with us for years means a lot. Our goal is to exceed expectations by providing you the best products and services.

Do you often watch Live TV? If not, we may have a good option for you. We’re currently offering Ignite SmartStream to a limited group of Ignite Internet customers. You can find more about Ignite SmartStream’s features and interface here. We could surely verify if it something you're eligibe for, at this time.

If you'd like our assistance in seeing if the current cost of your services can be lowered, please reach out to us through private message. To do so, send a PM to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your account information and get started. If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

I'm confident we'll be able to find what's best for you! 🙂

RogersMaude

I did. I'm calling them now.

eljay
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a long-time Rogers customer.   I have basic TV w/ PVR and Ignite 500 w/ gigabit gateway/modem.  Prior year I paid $73.44/mo.  This past year the best they could do was $82.47/mo.

I'm due to renew in two weeks and I was shocked to find out that - without any warning or notification - Rogers was going to increase the price of my bundle to $144/mo.!  😲   

I contacted Rogers and eventually - after speaking to a Retention CSR - I was told that they can do for me is $102/mo.  ☹️ 

I'm extremely disappointed that my cost is increasing almost 40% over just the past two years, with no increase in service to justify it.  So I've decided to start shopping around. 

That said, I would like to stay with Rogers...but is there a way to escalate this above a Retention CSR so that I can lock in my current (~$83/mo.) price for another year or two?

Yes I am presently going  thru  this with Rogers.  My same package increases by 33.00 next month as my promotions expire.  If I go for Ignite, it will be 208.00 a month.  Outrageous.  If I go with Ignite, I have to pay 29.00 and activate it myself.  Asked if I’m could pick up equipment  at one of their stores so I could save 29.00, answer no.  Checking with Bell now.  Think Rogers has lost a customer after 20 odd years.

Hello @rivergirl,

Thanks for joining us and congrats on your first post. 🙂

Our customers mean a great deal to us and we genuinely appreciate your loyalty over the years! If possible, we'd like to find you an option that suits your needs, and hopefully, keep you on board with us!

Please do keep in mind that the $29 Express Install option includes the following to help make setting up your new Ignite TV services as quick and trouble-free as possible:

• Our self-install kit delivered by courier or by a technician with step-by-step instructions to set up their service with confidence.
  • Ignite WiFi Hub for personalized WiFi security and control: The app will guide you through the internet setup process step-by-step and will become your hub for full WiFi management and control.
  • 24/7 Live Chat and video support with our tech experts. If needed, customers can call us for 24/7 remote video assistance to guide their installation. Using their phone camera, the customer can show the technician their home setup and the technician can mark on the screen exactly where cables should be connected, check equipment details, and more. Customers can also visit rogers.com/selfinstall for how-to videos and Live Chat with our technical experts

I hope this helps clarify.

RogersLaura

eljay
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here,  rivergirl.  I had a PM chat with an @CommunityHelps person and the best they can do is $97/mo. for my current package (or an increase of 33% in just 2 years).

I offered to drop to Ignite 150 to help bring down the price, but was told that it would actually cost more.

So now I'm shopping around and hoping for some Black Friday deals elsewhere. It's disappointing that customer retention seems not to matter to Rogers.  😞

SBrowne
I'm Here A Lot

I just got stung hard by this. Bundle deal saved me nearly 120 dollars. Bill is now 360!!!

Sadly their phones are backed up. Hoping some hope comes out of that, or I'll be cutting some cords tonight!

Hello @SBrowne,

Welcome to the forums and great first post. We hope this message finds you well. 🙂

As I'm sure you are aware, promotions are constantly coming and going. With some deals you may receive a very lucrative discount, so when it ends, it can feel like a bit of a shock once your services go back to regular price. We always like to send a bill notification a couple of months prior to let our customers know that their promotion will be ending soon.

If you would like us to check your account to see if there are any cost-effective options for you, we will be more than happy to do so. You may send us a private message to @CommunityHelps to get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog

Hopefully, we can keep you on board as our valued customer.

RogersLaura

I ended up getting a new deal, but this whole no call and auto renew at a new price is quite upsetting. My new plan was nearly half the price of last months. I'd never do this to my clients. I was unfortunate and got stuck last months bill at full pop. I don't know why your company just doesn't offer good prices always and get rid of all this contract . . More specifically for on-going clients. 

This entire process just feels so corrupted.

I am in the same boat, my contract is expiring and Rogers won't match my current price. Is there any good black friday deals?

@judylee1981  Rogers is promoting the following Black Friday offer on The Shopping Channel: http://tsc.ca/ignitetv

No bundle prices are listed on the site; you will have to call in to get a quote.

The fine print also says that this is only available to new customers.  I would still call to see what deals they have available in your area.

roddy71
I've Been Around

Hi all. Not sure if this is the correct area, but I am wondering if it is true that there is no more customer retention personnel. I was recently told this by a phone customer service rep. I have been a Roger's customer for 20 years, but the past month has been frustrating when contacting customer service. I am being offered the same deal as any non Roger's customer would get. I don't quite get this. I guess I may have to explore other service providers, which is sad after 20 years.

AlexStoev
I've Been Here Awhile

Every 2 years I have to play the game of cats mice with Rogers in order to get an acceptable (not an outrages) del.

This year it was different. They (office of the "president", and winback office) did not call me back after I initiated the cancelation.

Of course I don't want their business if they don't want mine. Because of scheduling difficulties with the Roger's replacement, I had to call Rogers office and change the cancelation. Guess what, they (Rogers) punished me for canceling.

They screwed up my internet, TV, and home phone. I spent 3 hours on the phone bouncing like a crazy ball from an office to office. After the 3 hours on the phone, my internet was fixed, but not my TV and home phone.

For the TV and I had to call 3 more time and spent another 2 hours on the phone to get it fixed.

The phone was disconnected for 2 days.

The moment I wrote that I want to be compensated for this - all communications went silent. 

Well, I am prepared to fight. I created tickets with the CRTC, Ombudsman (too bad this is a fake façade that does not respond anymore - see my previous posting) and CBC Go Public.

I will go public this time. I want to fight for the little guys. I want to fight for the people that are afraid to raise their voices, for people that have been exploited for so long.

This is not going to end easy for Rogers.

Regards

Alex Stoev (yes, this is my real name)

Good evening AlexStoev,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your posts! We do value your busines and appreciate your loyalty.

As you may know, our bundles and offers are constantly changing. We’re always working to deliver reliable service for your connected home. While we try to minimize price increases for our customers, as part of this work, we occasionally make changes to our plans and packages. These changes help us to enhance our network and invest in our products and services.

That being said, we'd appreciate the opportunity review your current services to see if another package option could be better for you. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our private messaging system, click here..

RogersMaude

KJohnB
I've Been Here Awhile

Tried the online chat to ask if Ignite was in addition or replaces my current Rogers cable. The wait was too long. So will existing TV be disconnected? What a mess.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KJohnB wrote:

Tried the online chat to ask if Ignite was in addition or replaces my current Rogers cable. The wait was too long. So will existing TV be disconnected? What a mess.

If you are a Rogers Internet customer (with a Hitron cable modem) and Digital TV subscriber and you switch to Ignite, then Ignite TV and Ignite Internet will replace your legacy Rogers services.  The Ignite Internet service uses a different modem and Ignite TV uses different set-top boxes.  After Ignite TV and Internet get activated, you will need to return your old modem and any set-top boxes that you are renting; none of the old set-top boxes are compatible with Ignite TV.

KJohnB
I've Been Here Awhile
Can I keep my existing box and forget about Ignite? Lose Anyplace TV. Seems a rip off.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KJohnB wrote:
Can I keep my existing box and forget about Ignite? Lose Anyplace TV. Seems a rip off.

I'm not really sure what you are asking.  This is a community-supported Forum.  We don't know what Rogers services you currently subscribe to, what issues you are having with your current service or your renewal, or what changes you are considering.

If you are currently a Digital TV subscriber, you can continue to subscribe to that service and continue to use your existing set-top boxes until Rogers shuts Digital TV down in your service area, whenever that may be.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
yeah what he said, we dont really know what is your issue except your complaining about something, what exactly is it you need help with? and what are you trying to do?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@KJohnB wrote:

Sure you can if it still fits your needs in spite of losing AnyplaceTV.  Just be aware that Rogers wants to discontinue Digital Cable without losing too many customers, which will happen sooner or later. Meanwhile, you need to decide whether to stay with Rogers or find a better deal.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario