Renewing Bundle - 2020

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Renewing Bundle - 2020

Yesterday I received an Email from Rogers telling me my Online bill was ready to view online. It also said , that my Cable discounts were expiring on June 6th, and that I should contact them.

So today I called Rogers. I was told that my old package ( VIP bundle with Cable, Home Phone and Internet for $119 plus taxes) was not available anymore and I had to take an Ignite Premier Bundle.

I was told that this bundle however, did not have some of the channels I used to have now (even though it is Roger's most expensive of their three bundles), or as many channels.

Secondly I was told the Home phone did not have as many options as I had now and even voice mail was an extra option.

Thirdly I was told that due to Covid restrictions I could not get the new bundle until the restrictions were over.

Now my rant.

This new bundle was going to be an approximately an extra $45 (plus taxes) a month, but unfortunately I would have to keep my old package until the Rogers could come install my new equipment ( a service fee of $149.99). I asked why I could not just install it myself. I was told that the wiring was different for the TV connection , and different for my home phone setup.

THEN I was told that until the new package was installed my bill would be OVER $100 more as my discounts will expire on June 6th. I couldn't believe what I heard. Rogers could not install my new package before the old package expires and they would not freeze (continue the discounts) the price until they could. I asked specifically "why with other business make exceptions during this pandemic , would Rogers not freeze the price. Why was I going to be penalized because THEY could not do the install". The answer I was given was " your discounts expire and that is that"

Comments?????
===========================

footnote: I was just looking on the Rogers site to see what was different with their equipment. Here is what I saw

On March 25, 2020, we shifted to an updated self-install service for all new activations of Ignite Internet and Ignite Internet + TV bundles*.
With this updated self-install service, our Rogers technicians will deliver the equipment to your door. They may also complete work outside your home to make sure it’s ready for our services. To keep both you and our technicians safe, technicians will not enter your home.

***Edited Labels***
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Renewing Bundle - 2020

There is no excuse for this, but it is possible that you were taking with a junior inexperienced agent. Suggest you try the online chat with an agent (not telephone) before you give up. If that does not help then call in and ask to speak with "retentions".

You have researched the differences between Cable and Ignite, so make sure that you raise those points as you negotiate the charges associated with a switch.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bplayer wrote:

There is no excuse for this, but it is possible that you were taking with a junior inexperienced agent. Suggest you try the online chat with an agent (not telephone) before you give up. If that does not help then call in and ask to speak with "retentions".

You have researched the differences between Cable and Ignite, so make sure that you raise those points as you negotiate the charges associated with a switch.

For some reason, Rogers is no longer allowing self-installs of Ignite TV for existing "legacy service" customers.  (See this thread.)  It's possible that they want to ensure that Ignite installations are in a clean state and that old hardware (splitters, filters, attenuators, etc.) are removed and that dangling/unused coax runs get disconnected.

I am also really surprised that they do not have some process in place (for customers who are switching to Ignite TV and waiting for an installation date) that allows agents to either extend existing discounts or apply the lower Ignite TV monthly fee in the interim.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Very similar experience for me today. Promotion pricing ending in a couple weeks. Inquired about the ignite tv told I am not eligible for it at this date. Do not understand how a new install would be able to self install but existing can not self install. Also they would not be able to extend promotion pricing. This is total garbage. Rogers seeing the $$$ signs in a pandemic. Making up for lost Blue Jay revenue Id assume. Was told there might be something coming in next few days, and if there is they would call me back within a week. But if I don't hear anything try calling back lol. Rest assured if I call again it will be to cancel, I will not let a multibillion dollar company soak me for extra money during a pandemic. Prices should be frozen if not discounted during this time like many other reputable companies are doing. Would totally understand if they couldn't switch it right now and they were extending all promotions, but to jack up prices with no options at this time is inexcusable

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Jumping back to the point of the PHONE stuff.. i think the agent was wrong.

As far as I am aware, the home phone on the Ignite has ALL the options available.
It has call waiting, call display, voicemail, remote voicemail access, etc. 
The only thing that it doesnt have is the caller ID on the TV.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty  Yes.  Good point.

I have the Ignite Premier bundle.  I am not paying for any extras for Home Phone and have the following features listed in MyRogers:

• Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling
  • Call Display
  • Call waiting
  • Voicemail
  • Three-Way Calling
  • Call Transfer
  • Call Return - Busy/Last
  • Online Manager

That gives me everything that I need.

When comparing Ignite Premier to the Digital VIP package, I know that Radio Stations have been dropped but I don't know of any other missing channels, and you can even get all of the Hollywood Suite channels as Flex Channels.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Anybody have their bundle promo cancelled but charged higher fee?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers not honouring or recognizing email with promotional discount!

I have been with Rogers for just over 3 years and have wireless, home phone, internet and cable TV. On June 4th I received an email from rogers@email.rogers.com indicating my current home services promotion was coming to an end but a new promotion was automatically being applied starting July 15th. I read the email and was happy with the offer.

Well on July 14th, I received a CC charge from Rogers which was $50 more than expected. After reviewing the my bill I noticed the promotional discount was NOT as indicated in the email.

I called customer service and the representative indicated there was no record of the email being sent. I offered to forward to her and the response was it could have been spam and that there was nothing that she could do. The only option given was to downgrade or cancel some of my services to bring my bill down to a more acceptable level.

Unfortunately due to current financial situation, I have had to cancel my TV services, but in doing my internet cost went UP to full price. I am now considering moving my remaining services to a competitor or third part seller.

WHY does rogers not honour/acknowledge promotional emails sent to their customers? (BTW the email does have the online link with goes to (Removed potentially malicious link - RogersTony)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello,

I have been with Rogers (TV/Int/RHP and wirless) for so many years I can't count. Normally every year or two I call up Rogers ask for Loyalty Dept wait for them to redirect my call and I dicuss what services they have to offer ....they give me some discounts on monthly services, maybe though in a few movie rentals or monthly one time credits and we are good. Things have changed. Now when i call in the person always says I am with loyalty (hmm, really) and the offer they give me for the same service....well, they upgraded my internet but I was ok with how my internet was before. Now they want $30 more per month...wow. I didn't even ask for an upgrade, but if I didnt accept it they wanted even more $/month.

I think its time to look elsewhere because my loyalty is not valued here anymore.

Highlighted

Good evening @jima445,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize how cost effective promotional pricing can be, and we do try our best to accommodate a customer's budget while ensuring we're offering a package you can make best use of! As far as the email offer goes, typically when we send a promotional email or text, it would include steps on how to take advantage of the offer (e.g. reply with YES or a direct number to add offer to the account). The email you're referring to does look suspiciously like a spam email, especially the link you had added to your post. 

For future reference, I would recommend you to keep an eye on https://www.rogers.com/promotions/internet for latest offers.

@garymil, welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We definitely do value and appreciate all our customers. We love to ensure we're providing the best service with the best available pricing. Like I mentioned earlier, we do try to find a balance between a package and price, but at times even the best of resolutions isn't what a customer is looking for. I'm sure my colleague would have tried their best to provide you with an acceptable pricing.  Thank you for your understanding :).

RogersZia