Regret calling in for customer service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Regret calling in for customer service

Called in today in order to cancel my account, and instead of being helpful the woman I spoke with made me feel awful to the point where I hung up in tears. 

It was clear from my account history that I was having problems with it, but instead of actually helping she just guilted me. She barely listened to a word I said, and just spoke over me trying to get her point across. 

For a company that makes so much money off their customers, you should really have better support staff.

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Regret calling in for customer service

Hello @Ladyrayn,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Deciding to cancel your services is a tough decision and it doesn't make it any easier when the person you are speaking to, on the other end of the line, makes you feel this way. That should never happen and we want to make this a better experience for you.

Although we do not want to lose you a customer, we can certainly assist you with the cancellation and address any concerns you may have. We also want to take the time to forward your feedback, pertaining to this conversation, to the appropriate party for review. An interaction with one of our customer care agents shouldn't leave you with that impression.

We will need to gain access to your account in order to get started on this. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can get this taken care of for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Me also I regret calling customer service, they do not appreciate long time loyal customer service and they are not knowledgeable at all about their products, that's why they are awful terrible and useless and the easiest thing is switching to another provider
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

As a loyal customer, I go directly to customer relations, retentions cancellations - they come in many names, but the fastest way to get there is phoning in and choose the cancellations option.

I have never had difficulties with any of their staff, although sometimes their options can be limited on how to best support you to get an offer that meets your need, but that is only because they are limited by what Rogers corporate chooses to make available - they are able to access support staff to look at a range of options.

My understanding is that communityhelps is able to do some of this too.

I generally am only calling in when I have an issue with a change in service, usually due to miscommunication, or the proverbial "click the wrong code".  I got to see all the codes on my account at the store as I watched them work, and the code options are ludicrous in the number of them to choose from, and sometimes, an action by some other person prevents another person from taking an action without their support teams - example, today when I took back a DTA (I am keeping one and getting a replacement terminal), the person on the phone had arbitrarily picked one and hadn't mentioned the serial number of the one they chose to remove - so at the store, they couldn't take it back because I had brought the wrong one.

In my experience, it has been very rare to ever find a rude person - someone who doesn't fully understand yes, but rude no - once they become rude, I end the conversation or interaction and either hang up, or ask for someone else.

Some times people just have bad days, I know I have had them myself and had to end the call, or in one case, they ended the call and suggested I call back on a better day.

We are all human.

I hope you can get some success in moving forward.

Note, I am speaking from 26 years loyalty and service, and I can attest that most interactions have been successful, but there have been some pretty poor ones too.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Tried them in the past - they are cut from the same fabric ( same people but different names ) . Custoner service is the same as loyalty.  Basically there is no loyalty at ROGERS 

Highlighted

Hello, @ghobrial58

Thank you for joining and sharing your experience with the Community. We can dive into your account, explore all the options to find the products/services which best suit your needs and make it a great experience. We definitely value your business and appreciate your loyalty, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can access your account. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin