Refund for plan upgrade I had not requested

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Refund for plan upgrade I had not requested

I cancelled two lines in May and later realized that Rogers switched the third remaining line to a Shared Everything plan (it was a basic talk and text line before). I contacted Rogers to revert the line to a talk and text line since I had never requested any upgrade. The representative I talked to was able to change the line back to a talk and text, but advised that I would need to contact Rogers again once my August bill arrives in order to get a refund. I contacted Rogers again in September. After explaining again the issue to representative in the chat, she informed me that I need to talk to the Customer Relations team and transferred me over, but after nearly one hour waiting I had no response. Is there any possibility to contact the Customer Relations team over email to avoid long waits on the phone or in the chat?

***Added Labels***
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Refund for plan upgrade I had not requested

@pinguino29 wrote:

Is there any possibility to contact the Customer Relations team over email to avoid long waits on the phone or in the chat?

No, but you can contact the CommunityHelps people here via PM. Here's the link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You can also try Share a Concern and ask for a callback (not using Chat).

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Good evening @pinguino29,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize waiting on the line can be quite tedious. If you previously had all three lines on a Share Everything Plan and cancelled two, then the remaining line is usually assigned as the main one. I'm glad my colleague was able to change the active line back to Talk & Text. If there was an applicable refund, it would be automatic and would be in pending status until the next billing cycle. Have you had a chance to review your invoice since then? 

If you haven't been able to get in touch with us via phone, you can also contact us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers.

RogersZia

I'm a Senior Advisor

@pinguino29 wrote:

Is there any possibility to contact the Customer Relations team over email to avoid long waits on the phone or in the chat?

Ever since Rogers stopped communications by email, another way to contact them is through Facebook or Twitter, which beats waiting in line on the phone.  Rogers has a Facebook page, but I haven't tried Twitter, which is a confusing rabbit hole to me.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario