Receiving calls in a foreign country

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Receiving calls in a foreign country

Hey everyone!

Never brought my phone overseas before and I have a question. If I get a call or text from someone in the UK while I am in the UK how does that work? 

Any idea if I or them get charged for it? Obviously it is hard to know if they do but you get what I am trying to say. Is it considered a local area or long distance?

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Receiving calls in a foreign country

Hello @RAwhite1987

This is a question that can be answered when calling Rogers or speaking to their live chat team. They can inform you on the charges per minute for whatever country or city u will be in. They also have packages. Look at that as well.

Local calling is ONLY if u are in the city / country u reside in. Long distance is what u will be charged for.

Again call and see what plan they can offer you.

If anything that does not work, get a pre paid sim card with a carrier in UK with a number and use that while u are there and leave the Rogers sim at home or in ur bag. This way u don't have to be charged any LD time.

Re: Receiving calls in a foreign country

Hi @RAwhite1987,

Welcome to the Community!

If your plan is not eligible for Roam Like Home or you are not purchasing a roaming travel pack standard rates apply.

To make a call or receive a call the charges are $2 per minute, 75¢ per Sent Text/Picture Message and 25¢ per Received Text/Picture Message in UK. Data charges are $9.99 per 20MB. 

If you plan to use your phone for more than an occasional call or text I would recommend you to  check Roam Like Home eligibility, you can do so by texting "Travel" to 222. This will automatically enroll you in RLH. Roam Like Home rates for UK are $10 per for a maximum of $100 within a bill cycle.

If your current plan is not eligible for Roam Like Home you can learn more about our Travel packs here.

I hope you have a wonderful time in UK!

RogersZia

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation