Rates being changed!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rates being changed!

Yes as over 100 000 cable customers a year cut the cable cost, millions in US. And yes Cable providers all over offer rate reductions. I see Rogers has in some sort of infinite wisdom decided why not alienate customer base with what works out to be higher rates. The more services you have the more rate hikes you are subjected to pay. Holy reverse bundle.

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Re: Rates being changed!

Hello @RedBerry11

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

Although we always do our best to minimize price changes as much as possible, we’re also always investing and maintaining our network and acquiring new services to help ensure that our customers continue to benefit from the latest and best technologies. 

In other words, regular rate revisions make it possible for us to continue to deliver superior services in a consistent manner. 

RogersSannecia

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Actually if you have any of the recent Ignite bundles you should be rate protected from this rate increase and any others that occur within two years of you signing up for the bundle.

As for the rate increase itself, cable and television services are just like any other product or service. Everything goes up in cost at some point.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just saying according to notice if you are on current 2 year bundles with discount it says you will enjoy discount of same percentage from increase, that is what I understood.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @RedBerry11

Yes. You understood correctly. As @lockdown2341 mentioned as well, if you have the IGNITE bundle (2 year bundle), it is Rate protected already.

Rogers Employee

@RedBerry11 Yes if you are on one of the old percentage rate promotions (25%, 30%, etc) then you get the percentage off of the higher cost, which generally isn't all that high. If the bill would normally increase by $3.00 for instance, the increase you will see is 30% of $3.00, so not much obviously.

However all the Ignite bundles provided a flat rate discount, so in that case you don't get affected by the increase at all and your price won't change unless you actually change your internet/cable packages.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I have bundle 2 year discount was not protected from rate increases actually was charged 3 more dollars per month for internet< CHECK YOUR BILLS, Will be calling in just was made to beleive I was maybe protected from new prices NOT THE CASE!

Rogers Employee

@RedBerry11 wrote:

Yes I have bundle 2 year discount was not protected from rate increases actually was charged 3 more dollars per month for internet< CHECK YOUR BILLS, Will be calling in just was made to beleive I was maybe protected from new prices NOT THE CASE!

As I said earlier, if you have a two year IGNITE bundle then you are price protected. A lot of other offers aren't really considered 'bundles' per say. You would be just getting a percentage (25%, 30%, etc) or maybe individual flat discounts ($10/month off TV, $5.00/month of internet, etc). Those AREN'T considered bundles and aren't price protected.