cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate Increase During COVID-19

mohammadHA
I plan to stick around

I was very annoyed because at these circumstances every body is trying to help bu rogers want to increase there fees for my Internet.
Even banks in corona issue is helping

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rate Increase During COVID-19

Hey Community,

Good news! We have made the decision to postpone previously planned price changes.

These were originally planned and communicated before this public health situation, as we let our customers know at least 60 days ahead. In this case, we started to communicate these changes in February 2020.

We know this is a challenging time and as this situation continues to evolve, we have made the decision to postpone the price changes that were planned to take effect on or after April 28. You won’t need to call us as this change has been automatically postponed for all our customers.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i too got the notice of the internet fee going up mohammadHA, but your best to ask them if the scheduled price increase will be post poned? maybe they have not made a decision yet, the people on the phone dont make these decisions theyre done by the higher up people in the company so dont get mad at the front line workers please. but yes you have a valid concern, im in the same boat as you btw so your not alone with the frustration

mohammadHA
I plan to stick around

How can I reach someone responsible?
Do you work for Rogers so you can help?

Hi mohammadHA, I am a rogers customer just like you are. has the price increase actually taken effect on your bills or are you just alarmed because you were "notified" of the price going up soon? This is important for us to be able to help you. Also because of when the Covid panic started, call centres are now extremely busy so its going to be longer than normal wait times. What exactly do you need help with my friend?

ksb7
I've been around

Why is Rogers increasing prices by 4 on customer during this economic crisis?!! For both internet and Tv. It is a difficult time for families to cope with the financial constraints and rates are going up substantially. Please have some compassion

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, according this Blog post, any planned rate increases should have been put on hold.

Rogers should change their name to Robbers, what a company to increase rates at this time, Ted Rogers surely is turning over in his grave, all Canadians are suffering and they just want to be sure their bottom line is OK.

Shame on you Rogers. Giving a few . channels free does not justify increasing prices.

Does anyone have an email address for them ? Can't find any on my account page.

There is no direct email, etc to them.

If you follow through the  CONTACT US, i believe there is a way to start a process to go through to the office of the president through there.

johnny23
I've been around

First of all congrats. for recognizing the need for extra features and viewing channels when so many people are confined to their homes, especially with their kids.

However in my latest bill, I was advised of a $2 increase in the cable rate and a $4 increase in the internet rate effective in April.

With so many people unemployed and facing financial ruin, these increases appear to be completely ill advised.

Perhaps Rogers should rethink these increases and postpone them until people have the means to pay them.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Rogers announced the increase on my cable bill last December and it appeared on my March bill.  This was just a regular inflationary increase, long before anyone here knew about COVID-19.

"UPCOMING INCREASE TO YOUR TV SERVICE RATE
To offer quality service and the latest shows, movies and sports you love to watch, we
regularly review our TV packages. While we try to minimize the impact on our customers,
due to rising operational costs some of our rates will be increasing.
Here's how this change will affect you: The monthly service fee for your TV package as
shown on this bill will increase by $2 plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill after
February 20, 2020.
If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until
your promotional period ends. The rest of your Rogers TV service will remain the same.
This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code.
If you have any questions or wish to change or cancel your services, please reach out to us
in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill."

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hey Community,

Good news! We have made the decision to postpone previously planned price changes.

These were originally planned and communicated before this public health situation, as we let our customers know at least 60 days ahead. In this case, we started to communicate these changes in February 2020.

We know this is a challenging time and as this situation continues to evolve, we have made the decision to postpone the price changes that were planned to take effect on or after April 28. You won’t need to call us as this change has been automatically postponed for all our customers.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around

FYI ... You may notice your next month's invoice may be higher.

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR TV SERVICE RATE
To offer quality service and access to shows, movies and sports, we occasionally make changes to some of our rates.
Here's how this change will affect you: The monthly service fee for your TV package as shown on this bill will increase by $3 plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill after October 19, 2020.
Please disregard the TV rate change notification you received earlier this year, as no changes were made to your service. If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until your promotional period ends. If you have a guaranteed monthly rate, this rate will stay the same until your promotional period ends. The rest of your Rogers TV service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code.
If you have any questions or wish to change or cancel your services, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR INTERNET SERVICE RATE
We're committed to delivering dependable Internet service and continuing to invest in our networks and infrastructure to support more connected devices than ever before. While we try to minimize the impact on our customers, we occasionally make changes to some of our rates.
Here's how this change will affect you: On the date of your first bill after October 19, 2020 the monthly service fee for your Internet package as shown on this bill will increase by $3 plus taxes.
Please disregard the Internet rate change notification you received earlier this year, as no changes were made to your service. If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until your promotional period ends. If you have a guaranteed monthly rate, this rate will stay the same until your promotional period ends. If your Rogers Internet service is included as part of your condo maintenance fees, this rate change does not apply. If you'd like an updated Residential Service Agreement after this change takes effect, please call us at that time at 1-888-764-3771. The rest of your Internet service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Internet Code.
If you have any questions or wish to change or cancel your services, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around

Rogers cancels the planned price increase in the spring only to apply it later with a larger increase in the fall.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
It is 3.00 + tax per service and 6.00 for ignite plus tax. Same as what was to happen in April

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around
I checked my February invoice and the rate was set to increase by $2 for TV (still on digital) before they postponed it due to the pandemic. There was no increase announced for Internet.

The increase is back on for TV but it is now higher at $3 and they also increased Internet by $3 too.

Last week, my Internet was dropping 2-3 times per day. Reported it to Rogers but they just said no ongoing issue and contact them again if it happens.

Today both internet and cable TV are out. Reported it to them and was told area is down.

If these increased rates are supposed to mean better services, I haven't seen it in the last week or so.

Hello @ChanPatr,

I can certainly understand your reason for frustration as pricing increases are never fun. While we always try to minimize price changes for our customers, occasionally, we do make changes to our plans and packages. These changes help us to deliver quality service to our customers.

We’re continually investing to deliver great value and ensure that our customers have access to dependable service in their homes, especially during this unprecedented time. While we try to minimize price changes for our customers as much as possible, as part of this work, we occasionally make changes to our plans and packages. These changes help us to enhance our network and invest in our products and services to continue delivering a dependable experience now, and in the future.

As you know, in March we made the decision to postpone the rate increase that was planned to take effect on April 28, 2020. That increase was never applied to customer accounts.

With the regards to the recent price change affecting certain TV, internet and home phone services (which took effect on the first bill sent after October 19, 2020), we sent an advanced notice by an email communication and a bill notification to those affected. These communications were sent between August 5th - September 4th, 2020 to advise them of these upcoming changes. 

I am sorry to hear that you had a recent service disruption in your area. Has this since been resolved?

Thank you kindly,

RogersLaura

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around

Yes ...  It was a 3 - 4 hour service outage. They provided me an email the next day saying service had been restored but didn't say what caused the outage.

my recent bill for november has gone up, its been going up every year, yet the basic tv pkg has stayed at 24.99 for over 2 year,... why?...or am i being gouged!

Hello @ted12345678,

Thanks for joining us here in the forums and congrats on this being your first post! 🙂

I realize that rate increases are not always ideal. As mentioned in my previous post above, we definitely try to keep price changes to a minimum. Sometimes they are needed in order for us to provide our customers the best and most innovative options for their products and services. 

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

My point was that i am a tv lite pkg that i have been on for years, i was grandfathered in...it went from 19 to 22 dollars, now i know that the pkg is no longer offered, but i been getting yearly increase's,  soon i will be at the same price as basic tv pkg and beyond, when the basic pkg is 24.99 with no increase in years.....i'm a senior and with hard times the way they are..i need to save were  i can.....

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around

Although providing a better service and options are important to Rogers, it really comes down to profits. They aren’t going to provide a product/service that results in a loss to them.

The rate increases at Rogers though seem to far outpace the cost of inflation. Furthermore, Rogers never specifies what is actually being enhanced which justifies the increases. The client should be provided the option to opt-in or opt-out of those enhancements. 

Topic Stats