Rate Increase During COVID-19

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rate Increase During COVID-19

I was very annoyed because at these circumstances every body is trying to help bu rogers want to increase there fees for my Internet.
Even banks in corona issue is helping

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rate Increase During COVID-19

i too got the notice of the internet fee going up mohammadHA, but your best to ask them if the scheduled price increase will be post poned? maybe they have not made a decision yet, the people on the phone dont make these decisions theyre done by the higher up people in the company so dont get mad at the front line workers please. but yes you have a valid concern, im in the same boat as you btw so your not alone with the frustration

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How can I reach someone responsible?
Do you work for Rogers so you can help?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi mohammadHA, I am a rogers customer just like you are. has the price increase actually taken effect on your bills or are you just alarmed because you were "notified" of the price going up soon? This is important for us to be able to help you. Also because of when the Covid panic started, call centres are now extremely busy so its going to be longer than normal wait times. What exactly do you need help with my friend?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why is Rogers increasing prices by 4 on customer during this economic crisis?!! For both internet and Tv. It is a difficult time for families to cope with the financial constraints and rates are going up substantially. Please have some compassion

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, according this Blog post, any planned rate increases should have been put on hold.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers should change their name to Robbers, what a company to increase rates at this time, Ted Rogers surely is turning over in his grave, all Canadians are suffering and they just want to be sure their bottom line is OK.

Shame on you Rogers. Giving a few . channels free does not justify increasing prices.

Does anyone have an email address for them ? Can't find any on my account page.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no direct email, etc to them.

If you follow through the  CONTACT US, i believe there is a way to start a process to go through to the office of the president through there.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

First of all congrats. for recognizing the need for extra features and viewing channels when so many people are confined to their homes, especially with their kids.

However in my latest bill, I was advised of a $2 increase in the cable rate and a $4 increase in the internet rate effective in April.

With so many people unemployed and facing financial ruin, these increases appear to be completely ill advised.

Perhaps Rogers should rethink these increases and postpone them until people have the means to pay them.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers announced the increase on my cable bill last December and it appeared on my March bill.  This was just a regular inflationary increase, long before anyone here knew about COVID-19.

"UPCOMING INCREASE TO YOUR TV SERVICE RATE
To offer quality service and the latest shows, movies and sports you love to watch, we
regularly review our TV packages. While we try to minimize the impact on our customers,
due to rising operational costs some of our rates will be increasing.
Here's how this change will affect you: The monthly service fee for your TV package as
shown on this bill will increase by $2 plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill after
February 20, 2020.
If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until
your promotional period ends. The rest of your Rogers TV service will remain the same.
This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code.
If you have any questions or wish to change or cancel your services, please reach out to us
in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill."

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario