ROGERS to ROGERS cell phone number swap?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

ROGERS to ROGERS cell phone number swap?

I have 2 ROGERS cell phone plans:

- one is just voice/text on an iPhone 5 with phone number X

- the other is voice/text/data on an iPhone 6S with phone number Y

Is it possible to swap the phone numbers X and Y?

I know that I could swap the SIM cards but I'd like to keep the better plan with data on the iPhone 6S.

Also, I just got the new plan so don't really care if phone number Y changes to phone number Z but I do need to keep phone number X.

Thank you!

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: ROGERS to ROGERS cell phone number swap?

Hello @robbyrob

Unfortunately that is not possible. Why not switch over the devices and you take the plan with the other phone number?. That's your only choice.
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the prompt reply @Meowmix,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that but if it accomplishes my desired end state then of course I'd do it. Please explain if you don't mind.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robbyrob

If you want to use the line with the better plan, then just switch the device over ( sim card) and that's that. There is no way they can change the numbers over unfortunately.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for clarifying @Meowmix,

In my case, the better device already has the better plan so looks like I'm out of luck unfortunately.

Hi @robbyrob,

@Meowmix has offered the ideal solution for your swap request.

All you need to do is purchase a two new SIM cards for phone X and Y. We can then activate each SIM on phone number X and Y respectively.

Then you simply trade phones with each other and insert your new SIMs. Your number and plan will carry over with the new SIM.

It's a much less complicated way to perform this task than what you're asking for. If you proceed to the nearest Rogers store and purchase two new SIMs that will fit each respective phone, you can then DM us @CommunityHelps and we'll activate them accordingly.

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you @RogersCorey,

Great! So, I'm not out of luck after all. I just need to spend $10 x 2 = $20 plus tax (unless prices have gone up) which seems reasonable to accomplish something like this.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi @RogersCorey,

I was reading this over before I go and buy 2 SIM cards I just want to confirm that what you're suggesting will actually work.

Will it be possible to separate the phone numbers from their respective plans and re-attach each to the other plan?

Thanks again, Rob.