Question about new sign up for wireless phones.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Question about new sign up for wireless phones.

so i added two lines to my account when I spoke on the phone with the cr and they said they would shipped out and received in 3-5 days. Im confused because i had to pay for the samsung s9+ 129$ down but when i check my account it says that amount went to my balance instead? also it doesn't say that I have wireless program on Myrogers only my tv internet and  home phone. so im not sure did the rep just waste my time ? he did give me an order confirmation number. but i feel like something isnt right. apologies if this isnt in the right place. im new.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Question about new sign up for wireless phones.

Hello @chloe11

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!.

I understand your concern . So when you paid the $129, u paid with ur CC over the phone correct? So now it only shows $129 on ur current balance?.

The phones do take 1-3 business days to ship out. Also depends on the stock availability as well. Could take a bit longer. It also takes a 24-48hrs for the account to pop up on your My Rogers page. I do remember previously that you had to add your account number in my Rogers in order to view it.

If you have any concerns, contact Rogers directly and speak to a agent. They should be able to resolve the issues.

I've Been Here Awhile

yeah i paid the 129 over the phone but when i look at Myrogers account it doesnt say anything about our phones. the amount is -$129 as if i paid more than my bill was? and if i go with wireless is there a different account number?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chloe11

Kinda makes sense but here is my take. The -$129 will be on the next bill..which will include the $129 for the phone.. So in all you made a payment of $129 which brought the account to minus $129. So your next invoice should be -$129 on it to equal out the device price.

Yes the wireless line will have another account number on it. This will be added once the account has been activated. The phones needs to be working in order to do so.

I would suggest calling into Rogers for them to explain this for you if you need anymore help as they can access your file and see the notes left on there.

I've Been Here Awhile

ok ok makes sense maybe its cuz they did not really explain much to me but i did get a order number. so you dont think i got the run around i mean it wouldnt make much sense to do that. Also good to know the wireless has a different account number than the home phone internet and cable.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chloe11

They could add it on the same account number if you want. Maybe that's why you see the credit?. The rep didn't seem to give much information on anything other then placing the order. My mother has all the services Rogers offers under one account number. So they most likely did the same with you.

My theory is that they added the wireless line on the same account number and they will have all services under one account. That could explain the -129 on the account.

I don't believe you got the run around. Just another rep that didn't give the proper information to a new wireless customer.

So the next bill will show ( wireless device price $129) but then the credit of -129 will balance that out. It may be a bit confusing but you will understand it once the bill comes out.

Rogers Employee aliaz
Rogers Employee

Hey, 

You got the new S9, those are amazing phones. It does take a 3 to 5 days for delivery and based on stock availability. As for your MyRogers, for you to see your wireless account along side your cable services, you would need to contact Rogers to consolidate your accounts so you can get one bill. The wireless MyRogers account for now is going to be different so the best way to do this is once you get the phone, it should come with paper work that will indicate your wireless account. Then you can log into your online Cable MyRogers account and link your wireless account to your MyRogers profile. 

Easier way would be to just contact Rogers directly to have this all done. 

Also if you get the phones shipped out, then the upfront cost of the phone would be added to your account and will reflect on your next bill. 

Hope this helps. 

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks this is a great help and what you mean is that up front cost will be charged to the account which will then bring the -$129 balance back to zero? since i paid overthe phone. ill five them a call ro make it all one bill o

@aliaz wrote:

Hey, 

You got the new S9, those are amazing phones. It does take a 3 to 5 days for delivery and based on stock availability. As for your MyRogers, for you to see your wireless account along side your cable services, you would need to contact Rogers to consolidate your accounts so you can get one bill. The wireless MyRogers account for now is going to be different so the best way to do this is once you get the phone, it should come with paper work that will indicate your wireless account. Then you can log into your online Cable MyRogers account and link your wireless account to your MyRogers profile. 

Also if you get the phones shipped out, then the upfront cost of the phone would be added to your account and will reflect on your next bill. 

Hope this helps. 

@aliaz wrote:

Hey, 

Hope this helps. 

nce i get the phones i should be ok not very much was explained to me is all.