Question about maximum overage charge

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Question about maximum overage charge

Greetings,

I understand the maximum internet bandwidth overage charge you can incur in one month is $100, however in my usage information the charge has exceeded this limit. 

Am I just going to be charged $100 regardless? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Question about maximum overage charge

I would beleive so.

That page may only show the $X per Xgb rate, and multiply it out... but the bill will show the max 100 would be my guess.

I've Been Around

I'm looking for an update to this question, since the most recent answer I can find is from 2013.  Is the internet overage charge maximum still $100.00?

Thanks!

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Yes. It is still $100.

Newer internet package IGNITE has unlimited tiers.

Internet 30 - 100GB
IGNITE 60 - 200GB
IGNITE 100 - Unlimited
IGNITE 250 - Unlimited

Each tier that you upgrade is a $10 difference, so going to the next tier up is only $10 - its worth it.

Most users now a days have IGNITE 60 with 200GB and you go over by 7GB (207GB in total) it is worth it to just upgrade to IGNITE 100 - Unlimited, that was you won't limit yourself and can use as much as you want. On the bonus side, you also get the increase in speed, (the number on the package name is the download speed in mbps)

www.keepingpace.ca has some information but it does seem a little outdated.

Maximum $100 for overage still applies even to the new package.

Same rule applied for Hybrid Fiber Packages that came out before IGNITE.

I've Been Around

Thanks.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

You are super welcome Smiley Happy
I've Been Around

hi, 

I'm over my current monthly internet usage limit, and the additional charge of $2/GB is quite expensive. Is there a way to add/buy additional usage just for the current month?

or any other way to reduce my usage charge which is over $20 already

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not that i know of Smiley Sad

If you have any remaining First Reward points left.. you can sometimes buy extra usage, etc on there with the points..

Generally, if you are going over at least more than once a year.. MAY be worth changing packages?  Usually to go up to the next package, is only $10 difference.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

As a heads up, as of 09/01/2015, they increased the cap to $150.00

I've Been Here Awhile

To all the long time/loyal customers of rogers I hope this will answer your

question regarding maximum usage charges from rogers if you have gone over your allotted amount for the month.

I am fortunately on an old plan (grandfather) which costs around $50 a month for allotted amount of 300gb which has always been good for me until this month when I discovered Netflix.

because I'm not on an ignite plan they have a small fine print of if you go over your limit you will be charged $3/GB up to a maximum of $150.  

So after reviewing all rogers internet plans they were offering for unlimited internet the cheapest one was around $80 after tax with 150 Mbps and 15mbps upload speed.

In view of these options then I decided to watch as much as I could on Netflix considering I had already gone over the $150 max usage fee.

So it ended up I went over by 237GB and showed an amount of $711.  

When the time came for my bill it showed my regular billing amount for my plan minus the extra value they show for extra usage bringing it to a total amount of $53 + $150 = $203

So the question would be "do you normally always go over what ever plan your on?"  Or would you keep the grandfather plan your on which now a days no one would ever be able to get considering it is not interchangeable and non transferable once you change it you would never be able to get it back again.

So in conclusion I watched as much shows/movies as I could for the month.  I pretty much paid the unlimited internet fee which is slightly higher for that one month.  

Going forward to always keep things in check that once you get notified your at 75% of your limit stop watching any movies or seasons on Netflix unless you want to just kill it for that one month as they will already nail u on per GB usage.

I can only hope and pray that companies can't get away with these monstrous absorbent amounts while the crtc turns a blind eye Smiley Sad

So if ever you've gone over the $150 max charge for usage might as well just pay the ridiculous amount and use as much of it as you can for that particular month. 

As for me, I will stick to my old plan which I can afford and would never change it.

And if I ever go over $150 fee overidge charge which is definitely not normal for me I will just use as much as I can for that particular month.

I hope this message will put some light on the never really talked about issue of overidge and what they can get away with.