Purchasing a Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Purchasing a Nextbox

I bought mine for a penny a few years back

@Gunny wrote:

Rogers informs me, today, that Nextbox digital TV box is ONLY available by Rental from Rogers.  No option to purchase it outright.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers cable boxes and prices

Where can I find a list of the currently available cable boxes and rental rates?

Can you still buy boxes?  I have old boxes at home like SA8300HDs, SA4250HDs, etc that I purchased long ago.  Can you purchase the newer boxes either new, or second hand on Kijiji, etc?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@wayner92 wrote:

Rogers cable boxes and prices

Where can I find a list of the currently available cable boxes and rental rates?

Can you still buy boxes?  I have old boxes at home like SA8300HDs, SA4250HDs, etc that I purchased long ago.  Can you purchase the newer boxes either new, or second hand on Kijiji, etc?

@wayner92  Yes, you can buy used cable boxes on Kijiji but be careful. Many are stolen or rentals, which won't get authorized by Rogers. If you have an SA8300HD, hook it up and see if it works. They're real workhorses and not nearly as buggy as the ones that replaced them

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 wrote:

1. Where can I find a list of the currently available cable boxes and rental rates?

2. Can you still buy boxes?  I have old boxes at home like SA8300HDs, SA4250HDs, etc that I purchased long ago.  Can you purchase the newer boxes either new, or second hand on Kijiji, etc?

1. The only way to know which boxes they will still activate is to call Rogers.  You need to do that anyway when you're considering purchasing used - see link below.  

2.Rogers no longer sell any boxes, so you can only purchase used.  Here's the checklist for purchasing boxes.  Make sure you check off all the times in that list:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-rogers-cable-tv/64632-guidelines-selling-buying-used-rogers-term...

I've Been Here Awhile

TV cable box

Can you buy a TV cable box or rent only?

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kiebbe : Looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. Please see the post above yours.  You can only rent (or purchase used). Here are the rental options for digital cable:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/hardware

For IgniteTV, I believe the rental costs are $5/box beyond the first box.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my father was given 2 rogers hd boxes (non pvrs) as a gift from his friend joe who had to cancel his digital cable tv cus he moved. joe owned the boxes on a rent to own program but was not aware of it when he tried to return them and they told him to keep it. so he wasnt sure what to do but asked my dad and my dad said sure and took it off him, i even activated them fully and they work great.