Product Protection Plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Product Protection Plan

Not sure if this is going into the appropriate board, but I am sure someone will move it if need be. 🙂

I got this text message the other day. Seems kinda odd since I have had the PPP since I got this phone.... I also have a bundle with this PPP on it too. Anyone know why I would all the sudden get this message?

Screenshot_2016-02-03-14-18-32.png

*** Edited Labels ***

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: Product Protection Plan

Hey @PizzaSlice

If you had Device Protection on your old device and you got a new device, then the Device protection gets updated.

Since Device protection has a different tier now.

That's what that message is about.

As your old device protection may have covered a lower tier. If it wasn't updated, our partner Asurion would not have covered you in case of a claim being made.

Hope that clears things up! 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had the same device since I bought the phone AND the PPP together at the same time. Nothing has changed, at least not on my part. I started out with just the PPP. The a little while back, I got the bundle with it included. Now, a few months later, I got this text message. Weird. I looked at my account online and it doesn't show anything different.  The picture shows I have the bundle pack.

rogers.jpg

Retired Moderator

Hey @PizzaSlice

Very simple. As you noticed on your Text message it stated your device protection will be for $11.

And your old device protection was $8. (This is old pricing, and no longer effective)

Which feels like an increase, no? That won't be the case for you! 🙂

Because you have $5 Value pack.

When you have Value pack $5 you get the Device Protection and Value pack combo (It essentially auto-adds savings to your package). Total will be $13 (Just like your old $5 Value pack and $8 Device Protection).

Here is the link for details: Device Protection (Click on "Added Protection")

Here is the Screenshot for quick view:

Device Protection (Price).jpg

Hope this helps,

RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, I trust you are right. I just got another text message yesterday for the same thing. 

Thanks for the info too. 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, your thinking was nice, while it lasted. I see they are charging me FULL $11 for the protection plan alone and have left the $5 Value Pack there as well. No combined deal. Surprised? I'm not.

Before....

value 1.jpg

Now...

value.jpg

Really awesome. Please, don't try to justify it on their behalf. Whether it's right or wrong, it's in their agreement, etc, etc..... in the end, it's just not nice. Sure, it's only $3 difference. That difference may mean more to the customer than to Rogers. Especially when one is looking for work and living on borrowed money until work comes.  Anyways, ranting won't change anything. Corporate greed.

Retired Moderator

@RogersShakir wrote:
When you have Value pack $5 you get the Device Protection and Value pack combo (It essentially auto-adds savings to your package). Total will be $13 (Just like your old $5 Value pack and $8 Device Protection).

@PizzaSlice wrote:

Really awesome. Please, don't try to justify it on their behalf. Whether it's right or wrong, it's in their agreement, etc, etc..... in the end, it's just not nice. Sure, it's only $3 difference. That difference may mean more to the customer than to Rogers. Especially when one is looking for work and living on borrowed money until work comes.  Anyways, ranting won't change anything. Corporate greed.

Hey @PizzaSlice - Not going to justify anything but I will clarify what I said earlier. The screenshot you provided is 100% correct. It will show $11 + $5 but as I said earlier, it auto-adds the savings of the difference.

On your bill you will be charged $13 not $18. Did you receive your bill yet? myRogers under your wireless features won't show you savings you have attached to a package; it only shows the regular rate of features added individually. (Which is normal).

This is why I posted the screenshot earlier to make sure you don't get a surprise! You are fine and If you noticed on your bill you are not getting that auto-savings of $3, message me. I will correct it because it IS suppose to be there.

Hopefully that shed some light. yes? 🙂

Here to Help,

RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm... When I was looking at my account, I didn't even think to look at my bill. D'oh. I will have to do that asap I guess.

Thanks for the reminder. I will post my findings.