Price Match Policy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Price Match Policy

What is Rogers' price match policy? I'm sort of choked because I went into the store on day 1 and an employee phoned customer service to confirm if they will price match with London Drugs Telus, and the customer representative confirmed it was okay. I got home, phoned customer service myself only to find out there was no note left on my account regarding the price match.

Went back to the store on day 2, different employee called customer service and was told they will not match it. My account is going through so many changes at the moment, I don't even know what I am eligible to do because my term still reads 24 months, when originally, it is 13 months.

Last year when I upgraded to the S4, Rogers honored the price match through future shop. This article clearly state they will honor price match with other retailers

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/04/23/rogers-intros-device-price-match-will-now-match-the-price-of-a-com...

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Price Match Policy

Hello roger85

Yes they will. They only way they will price match is when the offer is valid in Ontario, same device, color and GB and must be a 2 year term. Also the offer they are offering must be on a website, flyer. That is the only way Rogers will price match it..

Make sure you also get a Interaction ID note number for the call when they tell u it!
I Plan to Stick Around

I price match in store and was told at first it's okay. Then next day, a different employee said it's not okay.

EDIT - Just got off the phone with a customer representative, he said they are not doing price match with third party retailers.

I've Been Around

I wouldn't trust anything any csr says. Notes can be changed, or not entered at all. Interactiong what? does nothing for you as you can't even speak to the same person who supposely okayed a price or something to that extent. I'm sure the person above gave you some relevant info, but I also saw this reply, exactly typed, on another thread from last year... strange!

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/735...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jpnguyen

That is incorrect.m Once a note has been made, it can NOT be edited or removed unless its from someone higher up & even then its hard to remove a note from the account without giving a reason, their name & employee number.

As you posted the link, i have posted the same thing on both threads. You can price match.
I've Been Here Awhile

Every single call and chat is recorded. Escalate your complaint over and over, you'll get as far as the Office of the President and then the Ombudsman. A friend of mine had his account reviewed by the Ombudsman once and they listened to every call, read every chat, and wrote a 5-page report outlining their findings. He ended up with a credit on his account including some "goodwill" for wasting his time.

KEEP ESCALATING when you don't get what is owed to you. Not to take advantage of the system, just to get what they've promised you.

I've Been Around

Price Match Policy

I find people talking about it everywhere, but nothing on the rogers website, can anyone point me to where I can find the details for the price match? there are some enticing offers for new phones with bell that I was about to take, but if I can get rogers to match ill stick around.. but I cant find any information other then heresay... any help?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Price Match Policy

I cant find it online but I can tell you with full confidence it works like this:

See a cheaper advertised plan on a competitors website and Rogers will match the price.

Example, if Rogers is selling the Iphone 6 for 159.99 but Bell/Telus is selling it for less - then call and get the price match credit or go to a store with the flyer or tell them about it.  Rogers currently does not match third party retailers - they did last year and they may in the future but currently they do not.  So if Best Buy has a phone for cheaper it must be done at that store - that being said there is no guarentee Best Buy can give you that phone for that price because Best Buy / Wireless Wave / Future Shop / etc advertise (unless noted) for new activations.  If they can honour the price for upgrades, which some do, then all the better.

Hope that helps.  The important thing is the offer must be nationally advertised - Rogers cannot honour word of mouth or non advertised offers.

Edit:  I want to add that Rogers also matches specifically for the market too - so if you live in Toronto you cant price match a Videotron offer from Quebec or a MTS offer for Manitoba.  You need to reside and have a correct number in those markets to take advantage of those offers

I'm Here A Lot

Price Match Policy

I am noticing a large discrepancy in pricing on the upcoming Galaxy S7. As Rogers has yet to officially announce a price I am guessing it will be in line with Bell. $499 on plan for S7 Edge.

I am hoping they will be more in line with Videocon in Quebec who has it for $349 on a plan.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @elicitone

As i stated before. Videotron is ONLY in Quebec. So if you are in Ontario or any other province you can not price match them. Also as i have heard from a source of mine within Rogers and other reps that the price match policy has been decommissioned as of couple weeks ago.

Also as i said in the other thread Quebec has its own rules and policies it has to deal with. So their prices are very different from ours. They make up different rules within the CRTC and other government side and corporates

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 in conversation