Price Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Price Increase

In case you haven't received your notice yet just a heads up that prices for internet and tv are going up again.  The notice I received yesterday says they take effect as of 24 March.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Price Increase

There was nothing on the last bill i had.. so HOPEFULLy something on the bill i will get in the next week or so..
(my billing date is the 24th).
Havent got the any other mailing yet.. but im fairly far north of toronto, usualy is slow 😛

Usually they give more than a months notice though. 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jays77

Hmm never got mine either but my billing date is 23rd of each month ( tomorrow). Most likely i may get it either this bill or not.

Does it say anything other then that? Also have you seen anyone else other then you getting this notification?Like Gdkitty said, Rogers gives more then a month notification about any increases & such.

I received an "Important Message" by mail. Dated Feb.2014.

It starts out by telling me all the wonderful improvement Rogers have made and then says the purposed of this letter is to inform me about the upcoming increases to some of the services.

This is followed by a list of Cable TV packages and current and new monthly fees. Same for internet.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jays77

Hmm sounds like something Rogers would write lol. I shall wait for this letter. I asked around but no one got a letter like that

This could b why you haven't received a notice. There is a paragraph that states 'If you currently enjoy a promotion that offers a fixed promotional rate, it will remain in effect during the promotional period." "If you currently have a promotion that offers either a percentage or dollar discount off your current rate, it will remain in effect during the promotional period and you will receive the same discount off the new monthly service fee. For all promotions, the new monthly service fee(s) will apply effective the day after your fixed rate or discount rate ends,"

I have no contracts or rental equipment so of course no discounts. That and my next billing date is the beginning of March, could be why they were Johnny on the Spot to let me know about the increase.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jays77

Oh okay so thats why lol. I have a huge promotion which i get 50% off until i leave ( The offer was made where i get 50% off & no contract at all for cable). So that is why.

My parents do have promotion deal with retentions so that could be the reason why as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd like to know what their increases are based on.

Certainly not operating costs, because I know of nobody getting a 32% raise over a 5 year period. That is what the increases amount to based on my spreadsheet.

Pay more for crap TV programming.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GlobalRider & rest.

On their Rogers site - Cable - Packages & pricing i found this on the bottom

"Pricing effective March 24, 2014

Digital Basic: $39.68/month   -    ( $38.67 Right now)
Digital Plus: $62.30/month     -   ( $60.29 right now)
Extra Sports: $75.35/month    - ( $73.34 right now)
Extra Lifestyle: $75.35/month     -    ( $73.34 right now)
Extra Plus: $75.35/month        -  ( $73.34 right now)
VIP: $75.35/month                    -   ( $73.34 right now)
HDVIP: $85.35/month              -   ( $83.34 right now)
VIP Ultimate with TMN: $117.54/month    -    ( $115.53 right now)
VIP Ultimate with Super Channel: $117.54/month     -     ($115.53 right now"

It seems like its increasing by $1-$2 each package.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cable, internet, home phone all going up.. around $1-2 it each seems.

(from the little details thing that meowmix showed, on each of those pages)

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats