Pre-authorized payments taken before the due date is unjustified and not standard business

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pre-authorized payments taken before the due date is unjustified and not standard business

My bill date is the last of the month and that amount is charged to my Rogers MasterCard on the 14th of the next month.  I haven't had any issues with Auto-WD since introduced at least 10 years ago.  Since it's charged to my Rogers MC, I get a 2% rebate, plus I get almost two months to pay since my MC due date is the 27th of the month. 

For example:

Cable Bill date September 30

Charged to Rogers MC: October 14

Rogers MC statement date: November 6

Rogers MC due date: November 27, almost 2 months after Cable bill statement date.

Make sure that your bill date hasn't been changed for some reason.  I can certainly sympathize if someone gets billed "early", but there are ways to ensure you're not.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Pre-authorized payments taken before the due date is unjustified and not standard business

So Rogers is charging a late fee after attempting to get the money from my account. Fails. My bank charges me 40$ for the attempt. Rogers does this again. Bank charges me another 40$. Rogers attempts again fails. Bank charges me another 40$. Why not just take the money out on the day I agreed to?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

its so strange you mention that Sshawn, when i get my internet bill, on the 8 of evey month, the payment is withdrawn the very next day from my bank, strang. this is with pap image if i turn off pap does that mean i have one day to pay my bill? i totally understand your frustration, its best to resolve this with a customer service rep on the phone

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have been through this odd PAP billing scenario and talked to customer service about it without getting any understandable explanation. Better to just pay it online monthly with a credit card on the due date.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My anniversary date is the 16th of every month .
Wy my card is going to be charged on 4th?

Highlighted

Hello @Ellibabe2,

Thank you for joining us in the forums and great first post! 😊

If possible, can you kindly clarify what you mean by "anniversary date"? Do you mean bill cycle close date or payment due date?

I'll do my best to explain how our billing and payments work. Your invoice is typically issued within 2 days of your bill cycle close date. You'll notice that we always bill you 30 days in advance to help set your expectations of the upcoming payment amount that will be due. 

When it comes to having preauthorized payments set up on your account (by credit card or through your financial institution), payment is due 15-20 days after the close of the billing period. For non-preauthorized payments, the payment due date is within 26-30 days after the close of the billing period. NOTE: For preauthorized payments, NSF charges will apply if the payment does not go through by the date indicated on your monthly invoice.

If preauthorized payments do not work well for you, you may request to have your payment method changed to non-preauthorized payment. This way you can just make your payments manually using the option that works best for your needs.

Credit card payments made on Rogers.com, with an agent, or through our IVR system will post immediately. Manual payments (telephone/internet banking) made via your financial institution may take anywhere from 2-5 business days to post on your account and may be further delayed due to holidays or weekends. Just a few things to keep in mind. 

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura