Porting my number and unable to add a 2nd line

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Porting my number and unable to add a 2nd line

I have had a few issues since I ported my number to Rogers (also got a new phone). I also decided to pre-order the LG G7 when they had the promo. I got it for my husband for later, who i wanted to add as a 2nd line. I made the rep aware of this. I signed up for the plan which had a 2gb +2gb bonus. A few days after getting the phone, I can only see the 2gb on my usage so I reached out via chat (also mentioned about the pre-order as a 2nd line later on) about the 2gb bonus. They told me it was there so it should appear on the next billing. So, my advanced billing arrives, paid it, and here I am, 10 days later still waiting for it to be reflected.

Meanwhile, I got a call my pre-order arrived. We came to the store to have my husband set-up for the 2nd line, and much to my disappointment, they told me I was only allowed one account because I was a new customer and don't have enough credit history with them! I am very frustrated that I made all the effort and time to pre-order the phone. I should have been made aware of it in the first place since I mentioned to different reps that I was adding a 2nd line, I was expecting to get the promo with the phone as well and was really excited to surprise my husband with a new phone. I was looking around for cases and everything. Oh, the shame I felt when they said I can't have a 2nd line. I would have understood if I was told ahead of time. Very frustrated and disappointed!

***Added Labels***

Re: Porting my number and adding a 2nd line

Good day @itsats,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I appreciate you took the time to share your situation with us.

Based on your detailed explanation of the circumstances, I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to be unable to reach a resolution. It would be my pleasure to try and help you resolve this matter.

I would like the opportunity to see if something could be done to further assist you and hopefully improve your overall customer experience.

For assistance with regards to this, we would like the opportunity to correspond with you privately.

Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss your account more in depth.

If you're not familiar with the process, please click on this link for instructions: https://roge.rs/2sjzBkY.

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Porting my number and adding a 2nd line

Unresolved. I appreciate the agent for bypassing the credit check to allow me to open a 2nd line on their system but when I came to the kiosk to set-up the 2nd line (again) where my pre-ordered phone was, they said they have to do the credit check again and so I would have to go to an actual Rogers agent/location to get the line set-up. Well, it was useless because I pre-ordered the LG G7 for the "free tv" promotion. The pre-order period was over. Oh, and I kinda figured out that you can't track the usage of the bonus data. You just kinda use it up once you go over your basic data. I have yet to see how the bonus data works. So yeah, no thanks to any explanation from an agent. Just the usual "we assure you the bonus data is there". The system is botched. Thank you for the repeated embarrassment, Rogers!