Porting Rogers number to Fizz

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Porting Rogers number to Fizz

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone tried to port Rogers number to Fizz? I have a contract with Rogers (just call and text, no phone) and I am using my own phone, so I believe I should not have any problem to port my number. However, Fizz sent me an email saying that they cannot port my number, and then now I will have to contact Rogers? I double-checked my account with Rogers and my current balance is 0, so it would not be a problem with the bill. By default, is there anything on Rogers side that prevents me from porting my number (something in my contract, for example)?

Thank you in advance for your help,

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Porting Rogers number to Fizz

Good evening @ahxd005,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I understand how important it is to keep a phone number we've had for a long time.

Not every number can be transferred. There are certain restrictions that may prevent you from transferring a number to another carrier. Here are some examples:

• The number to be transferred is not active with any carrier.
  • The number may be in an area that does not support porting.
  • The number you are transferring is associated with a paging device.

If you cancel your account first, you lose control over your number, which makes the number ineligible for the transfer. If the number is cancelled, you would need to reactivate the number to regain control, which allows you to port the number.

You can check whether your number is eligible for porting by getting in touch with a Rogers Care representative.

I'm not entirely familiar with Fizz Mobile. However, make sure you provide them with the correct account information they need to submit the request:

• From a wireless carrier, an account number, PIN or password, and/or Electronic Serial Number (ESN) / International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) would be necessary.
  • From a landline or Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) carrier, the service address and billing name would be required.

If you could clarify with Fizz on the reasons why the port was declined, it would help tremendously!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Porting Rogers number to Fizz

yes that is correct not being able to port your number is not necessarily an issue with the account or balance on the account. it could be possibly that the exchange your number belongs to is not portable to the new carrier. its after all, called LOCAL number portability because the new carrier must offer the local number service in the same area as your current carrier. now the good news is most reputable phone companies constantly are adding exchanges that can be ported. this is not a quick process tho