Poor Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Poor Customer Service

It’s too bad that Rogers support staff can’t be more understanding of people and actually help them out. I hope that people realize this about Rogers before it’s too late for them and something happens that costs them more money than they are already paying.

Highlighted

Hello, @User6287

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's disappointing to see that you reached out for help and did not receive any assistance from our support staff. =(

We'd love an opportunity to try to resolve any issues you are facing. We're quite capable of addressing numerous issues especially those that are very technical in nature. Please describe what issues you have been facing and the Community will be happy to help you find a solution.

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had a rocket hub plan with you and forgot to make my last payment in July which is on me. Although I then moved and got better internet and stopped using the hub in August, September and October. I didn’t realize there was a base charge even if you didn’t use the service. But since it was my first time forgetting i figured there would be some leniency. Also I had planned to start using it again in the future. So now that you wouldn’t budge on 120$ your now gonna lose out on more money in the end.
Highlighted

Hello, @User6287.

Thank you for the clarification, we can take a look into your account. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am so disappointed at rogers. I have been a customer for more than 5 years, upgraded my phone every two years and even got an iPad 5th gen through financing that that got discontinued almost two months after I got it that I finished paying last December.
I got very sick last year and needed support while i was recovering with no revenues. Now I was looking to get a new ipad pro for work but after 4 hours of online chat ( most of those spent talking with obvious Bots) i ended up lost in the system and the last agent had no clue about my queries and situation! (I saved all the chat logs) Plus their so called agents know absolutely nothing about nothing, I had a girl telling me she doesn’t know anything about devices specs because she’s a girl.... and she was a “senior support” apparently... so after all that fuss and endless waiting she ends up telling me that they were out of ipad pro 11 64g... so they could only give me the 256g for much much higher a month...
I ended up canceling my second line and the premium device protection on my old ipad and now as soon as I saved enough money I’m gonna pay the balance on my Iphone XR and will leave Rogers for good!! Rogers used to be such a good company but now it has become a joke!
Very very disappointed

Highlighted

Hello @The_free_mike,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and sharing your recent experience!

I'm quite disappointed that your recent interactions with us haven't been too positive. 😕 Our customer's opinions and feedback mean a great deal to us and we want to take every possible opportunity to ensure your needs are met to the best of our abilities! 

You mentioned that you financed an iPad that was discontinued shortly after you purchased it, however, you should still be able to continue using it as normal...is that not the case for you? Manufacturers are continuously offering new technology and products all the time and, regretfully, we are not able to control when a device becomes discontinued on the market. Perhaps you can elaborate on that situation a bit more for us so we can help. 🙂

When all is said and done, we don't want to lose you as our valued customer. If you would like us to have another look at some other options with you, please feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps. We'll do our utmost to find you a solution!

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Laura! No the ipad still works great, i was just mentioning that fact! I was looking to upgrade because paying a second line and a premium device protection plan on and old ipad i barely use made no sense to me! So I wanted to get a newer and more powerful one for my audio engineering needs!
The real problem I have here is how i was treated by the customer services! Got transferred to 4 different agents, having to re explain everything each time, their lack of basic knowledge about device’s specs was a shame and after 4 hours of live chat and waiting in virtual line, i end up being told that there is no ipad pro 11 64gb left in stock (although it was on the website) nowhere and that there is nothing that can be done except getting the 256g which is more expensive! I also wanted to check plans to see what could be offered and again all she could offer me was pricier plans with less advantage! It is pretty frustrating to waste that much time with agents that have zero knowledge (a lot of time with bots too) to end up falling back at the end with an agent who had no clue about my files and inquiries so I got fed up and cancelled both the second line and the device protection plan!
I don’t hold it against the individuals but as a entity Rogers has become a pale shadow of its former self
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@The_free_mike  I see that Amazon's price for the iPad Pro 11 64gb is $ 1,089.00. What is Rogers' price? Or were you looking to finance it through Rogers?

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was looking for financing just like the ipad I had before with you guys! There would be no advantage of getting it through Rogers otherwise! But it’s ok like i said to a certain extend it is my problem for not being able to afford it without financing! My complaint is about the way i was handled and the lack of knowledge of the agents as well as the concept of customer care!
Anyway it doesn’t matter anymore I’m over it 🙂
Just gonna take my money elsewhere
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been with Rogers for at least 20 years. In the last year I have found that their services and help has gone downhill. Asking for help, I have been passed over and over to different departments. Problems with no internet, cable cutting out, prices sky rocketing. I finally had to switch to a new package because I was now being charged $169. I picked the Ignite service which brought my price down to $141. Not much of a difference. Channels suck. You can't hide channels you don't want to watch with the new package. With the guide every channel shows up in the guide including all French channels that I don't watch (wanted to hide these channels). Channels that need a subscription also show up under the guide (also channels that I want to hide). Again with the new package I am not able to hide these channels. Customer service is less than ideal. Even paying a monthly rental fee for their cable box is something that drives me crazy. Aren't they making enough money with their high priced packages? I even had on line chats with representatives that could not help me with these issues. When I asked for compensation for not receiving a certain channel I was refused. I also told Roger's that I was not satisfied with their service and was going to check out other options, even going as far as finding another provider. This went totally unheard and not addressed. I didn't feel like I have been a valued customer. Their charges for their services and packages have gone over the roof. Even if I cancel my cable and stick with just the internet the charges are outrageous. For a company that says they value their customers and offer affordable packages their are price gouging. I have spent hours with Rogers trying to resolve issues with no success. I have become very disgruntled with Rogers and will make a decision to cancel my services with them all together. Anyone else have such issues? And is there a better provider out there that can be recommended to me. One that doesn't overcharge and make you feel like they can provide quality service. For anyone on a fixed income there is very little affordable packages with Rogers. With amounts that exceed billions in net worth they can certainly reformat their packages to their customers that are reasonable and affordable. I'm fed up.