Poor Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Poor Customer Service

@Patrek : After you have signed into the forum, look at the top right of your screen and you should see your avatar. Click the avatar and you'll see the envelope in the middle of the dropdown.

Another option is to click the link in your e-mail and then login using your password. This may take you directly to your message(s), although no guarantees with the login issues I've encountered recently. 😉

I'm Here A Lot

Once I figured out what avatar meant, I found it. Thanks.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Patrek wrote:
I'm not finding the envelope to click on. I received an email saying I have a PM but I can't figure out how to find it. 😞

You don't say what method you're using to access the forum. If it's the normal way, using an internet browser, you just click your username in the top right hand corner of the screen and you should see something like this.

signing.jpg

You click the envelope to see private messages sent to you.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your suggestions.  So far it seems Rogers does not seem to understand that we were mislead and will not give us the plan we want.  They have offered some other incentives but we still end paying more than we were originally offered.  We're still thinking about our next step? 😞  Do we really want to remain a Rogers customer when they expect us to pay for the mistake made by their employee. 

I've Been Around

Not only does the service suck but  they are always protected by the CRTC. There really are no options here because all providers the same. Whatever ever happened to channel choice?

Also the companies are allowed to charge Loan Shark interest rates if you are a day late in paying your overpriced bill.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ihatecrtc wrote:

Not only does the service suck but  they are always protected by the CRTC. There really are no options here because all providers the same. Whatever ever happened to channel choice?

Also the companies are allowed to charge Loan Shark interest rates if you are a day late in paying your overpriced bill.

There has never ever been real channel choice. You have to choose a package which has about 10% or 20% of the channels you actually want to watch, then add other channels you you want at an exorbitant upcharge.  That's how cable marketing works.  It's unconscionable, but the seller's market.  Imagine going to the grocery store for  $50 worth of stuff you need, but having to buy a $200 package that includes 75% of stuff you don't need.  Peopledon't realize what a scam cable TV really is.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

What's on tomorrow's agenda? I have been a Rogers customer since the days it took over Graham Cable.........there, I have just aged myself and the company.  All this time and stuck with the provider.........because we're canadian, and we don't complain......well I have had enough: here is my complaint:

Seems that most if not all Rogers customers when they file a complaint against Rogers it's the CSRs and other staff that has to deal with it, so as usual the little fish is taking the bait and gets caught and grilled over the rocks, and the big fish swims in open waters without a care, ..........does any of the Rogers executive take accountability for their uncaring processes to the customer? or after their board meeting in the morning, just care about "today's agenda item"?

Are these forums for the customers to spew their beefs into a bottomless database?, or are they a communication tool without a purpose because that Customer Care Consultant got hired and paid to recommend for the executives to open the channels of communication with their customers?

Yes the project got defined, got planned, got configured and got deployed, but any of the executives at Rogers get it? oh sure it got the signoff, deployed with go-live success, then ...............it flops............too bad, what's on tomorrow's agenda?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tricci wrote:

Are these forums for the customers to spew their beefs into a bottomless database?, or are they a communication tool without a purpose ....

I have the following comments:

1. This forum is mostly a peer-to-peer forum where customers can help each other.

2. The mods here are very good if you PM them regarding a specific topic/issue/problem:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

3. The mods here do report issues to their managers and "higher ups", so some items do get resolved in this manner (if they require special work or a budget, etc)  if they can't be resolved in the usual manner without additional work like firmware updates, etc.

I'm Here A Lot

your item 3..........I was or been ever approached by the "higher us"........and my complaints either on this forum or via telephone or through the technical have never , never been resolved 100%. There used to be reps that made house calls and dealt with customers face to face.......what ever happened to that approach? does you management have an issue with dealing with customers on a one on one?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Without knowing what the specific issues that have gone unresolved are, I cannot comment.  (Note that I am a customer just like you are).  I have always found the CSRs, the mods, the second level people, etc to be most courteous and if they can't help resolve my specific issue, then I politely ask to speak to someone who can.

If you have a specific issue that's bothering you now, I suggest you use the Share-a-concern link below. This goes to the office of the president and these people are usually very responsive, as are the mods here.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern