Poor Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Poor Customer Service

Last week we called customer retention to find out if we qualified for a free upgrade from our iPhone 6s to iPhone 8. We were told that we could upgrade for $99 to an iPhone 8 We has been told by friends in the same situation that we should be eligible for a free upgrade. After a lengthy discussion with the Rogers associate they clearly were not going to offer us a free upgrade and that if we wanted the iPhone 8 we needed to pay $99. My husband spent an hour on the phone just to get this information. He told them he will get back to them as he needed to discuss all these options with me. It’s been a week since he had the discussion with Rogers. We decided we would go ahead and take the upgrade to IPhone 8 for $99 each. We have the share everything plan. My husband called Rogers today as was shocked and angry to be told that we could no longer get an iPhone 8 for $99 as apparently it was a promotion that finished the day after his phone call last week!!! WHY didn’t the Rogers agent tell him the first time he called that this was a promo that would be ending the next day.
After a lengthy discussion this morning Rogers refuses to honour the $99 upgrade even though it was the fault of the agent for making a misleading offer. He made it sound like it was the current rate and certainly not a limited time promotion.
We are very long standing Rogers customers, seniors on fixed income, and do not like being taken advantage of or discriminated against by being mislead by Rogers agents. We would appreciate you looking into this situation and honouring the upgrade that was offered to us. All your agent had to do was clearly explain that the original offer would expire the following day and all this frustration could be avoided. Not to mention making Rogers customers go elsewhere for better service. Thank you for your prompt consideration in this matter.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Poor Customer Service

I agree, Patrek.
Roger's employee training sucks!
One of their staff told my wife she could sign up for unlimited calling 'back to Canada' on a recent trip to Florida.
Turns out is was a promotion for "consumer" account holders only.....not for corporate account numbers like ours.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully one of the rogers reps here can post to help get in contact with you to look at your account in a little more details.

The rep DEFINITELY should have told you when that current deal ended.

As for the promotions.. that your friends did it, etc.
There are different promotions on at different time.. so someone else doing a 6 to 8, might be doing it at a time in which its a free promotion.
The other thing to look at is the device contract.  In most case when people are getting phones at the discounted prices, your getting a 'device contract' where you have to keep on as a customer during that time to get the discount on the phone.  
Depending on when you got the phone, its possible it could have some device contract remaining.  This would effect if needing to pay any of that out, but could also effect which promotions are available to you.

Again, hopefully one of the Rogers reps can look into this for you.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you. How will a rep contact me? If at all. Is there another route I could take to get in touch with someone that has authority to make a decision? I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Authority is another whole issue.
Yes someone with more authority might have access to some other things a regular rep may not.. but in the end they are limited to what is set in the system.  They cant arbitrarily just override prices, %s, etc.

On here,  you would be best to try and private message @CommunityHelps.  Its the account they use to get your information to look into your account, etc from.

Beyond that.. is calling in again.  Ask to escalate it to a supervisor.  And beyond that.. retentions.

I Plan to Stick Around

My advice would be to ask to be escalated straight to Retention Dept.
You've only GOT so many hours to be on HOLD, right!?!?

Hello there @Patrek,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sorry to hear it's been disappointing.

We noticed you reached out via private message as indicated by @Gdkitty.

We appreciate the opportunity and we most definitely want to seize the chance to rectify this situation.

We replied to your PM and await your next response!

Regards,

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for responding. I’m having difficulty finding the private message you sent.
I’ve tried several links but cannot see any PM.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Good afternoon @Patrek!

Allow me to lend you a helping hand then! If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Looking forward to connecting with you on this.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

I'm not finding the envelope to click on. I received an email saying I have a PM but I can't figure out how to find it. Smiley Sad