Paying off FlexTab Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Paying off FlexTab Balance

My device balance was paid off in February but my bill has not decreased. Shouldn't it go down because I'm no longer paying a device balance? If it hasn't, does it count as a credit when I go to upgrade?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Moons77

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The plan you are paying or is ONLY for the plan, not the device.. The device has its own amount which gets reduced each month and goes to $0. The plan and everything stays the same. So unfortunately no u won't get a credit on ur next device unless there is a promotion on that device and ur plan stays the same. Unless they offer u a promotion plan with discount.

All carriers have this.

I've Been Around

I would like pay it off

Good day @giapdoan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community!

Your FLEXtabTM or device balance is the difference between the no-term price of your device and the term agreement price you paid. Each month you pay a portion of your FLEXtab balance until it is paid off entirely at the end of your term agreement.

I understand you may want to pay off your FLEXtab for multiple reasons, such as a hardware upgrade, a line cancellation or if you decide to change your monthly plan to a "No Tab" pricing. It would be my pleasure to assist and provide you with all the information you need to make a conscious decision. Normally, the remaining device balance is generated at the moment of the transaction and is billed to your next invoice.

To check your device balance, go to rogers.com/devicebalance.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Flex Tab After Upgrade?

Good morning.
Today I went into my account online and ordered a new phone to upgrade from my existing Samsung S5 Neo. I chose to upgrade to the new google phone.

Everything went fine and I was able to add the device cost to my monthly bill. I was then e-mailed a confirmation e-mail.

From here things get confusing and I am beginning to regret this choice. Apparently I have a flextab? I am not sure what this is, but it is reduced to $0 in November of this year? (2018). I was informed I would not be able to upgrade unless I paid this off... Which doesn't make sense as before I called to inquire, the process was not failed or cancelled.

I'm also confused on what my monthly charges are going to end up looking like; none of this was very clear, or perhaps it's me. So, my question is:

Am I still going to receive my new phone, at an additional cost to my monthly billing
Or is the phone not going to come (I haven't received any shipping details)?
Is my Flextab going to go through the roof (I'm assuming this is why there are contracts)

Would just like someone to explain this to me.
Thank you for your time.

Good evening @papacoolie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community!

Getting a new device is always exciting! I understand that you may need us to clarify the hardware upgrade process to ensure you get your new phone as planned.

The FLEXtab amount is normally charged to the invoice following the hardware upgrade. You'll only have to pay for the subsidy that was remaining on the Samsung S5 Neo. You'll start a new FLEXtab based on the subsidy you will receive on the Google phone and it will decrease every month until it becomes $0 in 24 months.

If you have not yet received a confirmation email for the shipping, please do not worry.

This notification is only sent out once your new device is labeled and ready to be shipped out of our warehouse. The tracking number is not generated at soon as the order is placed.

Regarding your monthly invoices, going forward, we would need more information to answer you correctly.

In the process of placing the hardware upgrade order, did you change your price plan?

Keep in mind that if you're not happy with the device or if you change your mind, you'll have the ability to send it back, as a return waybill is sent out with your new phone parcel.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need more information!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I would like to know how much it would be to buy out my phone.

Retired Moderator RogersAli
Retired Moderator

Hey @Bootiboots

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy 

Knowing the details about your plan, including the subsidy balance of your device is important. You can view the subsidy balance of your device by logging into your online MyRogers account and then selecting the number associated with your device and you will find device balance as an option. 

If you have any further questions, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we would be more than happy to take a look. 

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

Thanks. 

RogersAli 

I've Been Around

Hello All,

I currently have an IPhoneXS on a 2 year term which started on October 22 2018. I have $554.16 to go on that tab at $39.58 per month on top of my current plan and 14 payments left before I’m in the clear. 

My my question is, that 39.58 hurts pretty bad, is it at all possible for me to pay $239.58 toward my balance making it $314.58? and then for the remaining 14 months pay $22.47 a month for my phone instead of the painful 39.58? 

I could even put a little more down, Just not the entire device balance at this time.

Hopefully my math holds up!

Thanks Everyone.

Good morning and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @andrew101!

Typically the FLEXtab balance automatically decreases monthly and the balance zeros at end of a 2-year term. However it is possible for you to make a partial payment towards the balance. The charge would be added to the next bill. To confirm the exact pricing we would need to review your account. 

If you want to make a payment towards the FLEXtab balance on your line please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for account support. Not sure how our private message system works? Please click here to learn more 🙂.

RogersZia