Paying off FlexTab Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Paying off FlexTab Balance

If you log into your myrogers, you should see your devices/services listed on the first page there.

Go into your cell phone..

I beleive itd down by the bottom there is a spot to click for device ballance.. and can then pay it from there, i beleive.

I've Been Around

Hi
I have called one of the customer reps and gave me a breakdown of my device balance (6 lines in total). The guy I have talked to said that I have $2400 balance from all devices on top of monthly charges. This is cruel. The amount he said is only showing a minimum. Taxes are not includes. Ridiculous. Why they will charge me for the remaining monthly charges for all 6 lines when I am trying to pay off the flextab balances. I will be jobless in few weeks since I am pregnant and unable to work. This stressing me out. Please help
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @joycey_ali525

Have you tried speaking to them about that and see what they said?. Maybe @CommunityHelps can help you with this and see what can be done!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Paying off the flex tab ballance, only pays off the 'loan' on the phones that you were essentially getting.
Means that there is no more oweing on that.
You technically could then still continue on with the phone and montly charges if you wanted.. get a new phone, etc.

2400 / 6 devices.. is $400 each.. depending on which ones and how long, that could be about right.

Beyond that, if you are then CANCELING then all the lines, there should really be no extra cancelation fees, but would have to pay any final charges for the that occured for that month.

I've Been Around

What  don't understand is my bill is 35 a month own phone and 55 a month with a phone on the flextab but after 2 years when the phone is paid off the bill doesn't go down so I'm basically paying for that phone forever 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @LSTEAGUE

It doesn't work like that. They don't add the let's say $500 remaining balance of the device on the actual plan like u say. They have that as a separate amount that gets deducted every month for the next 2 years so it can go to $0 at the end of the term. It makes sense if you think about it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Right, but you're on the Premium/Premium+ Tab pricing.  After the two years are up, you should be able to switch to the BYOD / No Tab pricing.  Not sure if this is what LSTEAGUE was asking about but I was wondering the same.  Does it switch automatically (doubtful) or do we have to manually request it?

Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nsarine1

Once the contract is up, you can switch to any plan you want. Since there is no contract tying you up. You can switch it TO BYOD if you like..I have done it before.

The issue is that many think that once the contract is up,the price of the plan goes down because of the device substety is $0. It doesn't work like that.
I'm a Senior Advisor

People may think that the BYOD rate switches into place if you have been on a contract for 2 years or more.  It is only 2 years ago that Rogers did this - I have a BYOD discount on our talk and text plan, that was kicked in automatically a little over 2 years ago, so I can see why many think this is what happens.  No where in the descriptions does it make it clear that BYOD doesn't happen, but it also doesn't say that it will, and they do offer BYOD plans, so I guess you have to make the change yourself now.

BYOD discounts, from what I have seen are only available on Share Everything Data plans,

This is the fine print on the website - 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its not auto, or at least it wasnt as of a a year or so ago.

But litteraly the day after my wifes last contract was up, i was able to call in and switch her phone over to the equiv BYOD plan with no issues.