Paying off FlexTab Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Paying off FlexTab Balance

If I port over my number to a different carrier and I have a little left on my flextab, would Rogers just charge me for my flex tab and the $12.50 for the cancellation?

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bkim yes that is correct. You would also have the remaining balance on your plan for the days until you’ve ported out. Hope this helps!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bkim

Yes Rogers will charge u the remaining balance of the Flextab and $12.50 disconnection fee. They day u cancel is the day the number will be ported over to the carrier u want to port over. Mind u sometimes they do have a few hours for it to fully port over.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Great information! Thx @Meowmix Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

What date of the month does the flextab balance decrease?  Is it the billing cycle date or the date on which you originally got your last device/upgrade?  I've been getting both answers from Rogers without anyone being sure.  My device date was the 4th of September, and I expected my flextab balance to decrease on July 4 (or 5), but it did not.  Maybe because it's a weekend?

Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive its the date of the last phone upgrade..

Otherwise, if you did your upgrade at the right time, you could almost cheat a whole month, based on when your billing is.

I didnt think the weekend came into effect.. but might take a good 24 hours possibly to show up the change from the date..

(cant easily check mine.. as i was on a 3 year.. and am now under the NEW CRTC rules, and even though i have a ballance its forced to zero now.   Now, thats a zero TAB.. but technically i beleive the 'contract' part is still active for the full 3 year period per say, if i wanted to cancel)

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@nsarine1

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

A FLEXtab balance will gradually decreases every month until the end of your term, Your term starts on the day you got your device.

Rogers.com may not update right away to reflect your flex tab balance.

If you have any concerns about your FLEXtab I would be happy to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you.

Thanks

RogersAliciaG

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Gdkitty and @RogersAliciaG!

I guess I will wait one more day phoneless and see if it updates tomorrow.  Or I may go into the store today and see if they see it.  Keep you posted.

I Plan to Stick Around

So my balance did update today.  Now we still don't know if it just takes a day or two, or if it was because it was a weekend!  But at least we are sure that it is based on the device date and not the billing cycle date.

I've Been Around

Besides calling in, is there a way to pay off your Flex Tab and cancel online?