Paying off FlexTab Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Paying off FlexTab Balance

Hello Lendo78

If you pay off your Flextab, you can cancel your account at anytime without any cancellation fees or flextab fee. Once you also pay the flextab fee, you can do a upgrade to a new device of your choice. A new way of calling it the upgrade fee.

A Flextab is the remaining amount of money owed of the device u last upgraded too. Every single month it will go down a certain amount & will be at $0 once your contract ends.

No it will not give you a discount or reduce your bill if you ;pay off the Flextab amount. If you would like to know more, contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers & Twitter @RogersHelps & they will explain it more too you.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi I have questions as I don't really understand this flex tab.  I bought a iPhone 5S on December 16, 2013 and it's showing on My Rogers account that the device will be paid off on December 16, 2017.  Can anyone explain to me why 4 years?

I've Been Here Awhile

If the device balance is $0.00, there is no more contract, right? I take that I can swith my number to other providers without penalty, Please confirm. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello apsaps

That is correct. If your Flextab balance is $0 then you can cancel without any cancellation fees or transfer the number to another carrier if u wish. Your final bill will have ur monthly service fee, taxes and a $12.50 disconnecting fee for disconnecting the line. Everyone pays this.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks a lot!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Pay off device balance and contract question

Hello apsaps

You are welcome!!
I've Been Around

I just called in and ask them the exact same question.  My phone is paid off already (at $0) and I have 3 weeks till the 3-year contract expired.  They told me that if I cancel now, there will be a $25 cancellation fee, is this correct?

I want to switch to another cell phone provider with the same number.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Pay off device balance and contract question

Hello randomweather

That is not correct. You will need to pay your last months bill & a $12.50 disconnection fee. That is all.
I've Been Around

Want to upgrade my iPhone 5C for a Galaxy S5. It says I have a Flextab balance of $200. Is there anyway I can pay that off online and other the phone through the website. Or do I Have to do it in store?
Second question is that can I upgrade my phone with an outstanding bill balance, or does my wireless bill have to be paid off first?
So can I just pay the $200 Flextab plus whatever fee it would be for the S5? Or does my bill have to be paid off before I switch phones?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Paying off Flextab balance?

Hello durstonc

Unfortunately no. You need to pay it when u do the upgrade and get ur new device. Once u go to the store and do the upgrade, the flextab will be added to ur next month's bill and once that Bill comes out, u can pay it that way OR pay that amount to Rogers and have a - $200 credit into ur account and that way once the bill comes out, the $200 flextab is already been paid.

Unfortunately no u must pay ur past due balance in order to upgrade to a new device. The store and system won't let u upgrade unless u pay ur past due balance and ur account is up to date.