Paying off FlexTab Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Paying off FlexTab Balance

I paid off the FlexTAB balance and only using an inexpensive unlimited talk/call display/ mini-voice mail on a month to month basis, i.e., no contract.

When the new devices are released this summer/autumn 2014 I will see what other wireless providers can offer me to switch away from Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

so when my tab is ended by reaching the end of my term, do i stay on my plan or do they move me to another plan?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello keefrto

You can change to any other plan at anytime without a penalty or anything. You do not need to wait until the end of the term to change plans. You can contact Rogers now if you like or whenever & negotiate a plan or change plans with them without penalty fees or any fee.
I Plan to Stick Around

Called them already and they said I would go to a standalone line (currently have 5 lines shared plan) I cannot stay with the plan I have. I don't believe that do you?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello keefrto

IF you are on a 5 line shared plan that is correct as the plans must be the same if you are sharing them.

The standalone line will be able to change your plans at anytime u like. Contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook & Twitter @RogersHelps & see what they can do for you. Some reps sometimes do not want to help or can not help.
I Plan to Stick Around

Bummer is that she has $28 per month for a plan that they dont offer anymore and cant get me off because its so good. Standalone prices are nowhere near that although wind mobile has a massive deal right now for $7a month more. just a tad annoyed but i should have read into the deal. So quick clarification, if any of my lines term ends and are ready to be upgraded, they will stay in teh shared plan or rogers will move it automatically to a silly amount of money on a stand alone? cheers for the help
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello keefrto

Once the lines are up, you can contact Rogers & see if they can change the plans around or give you a discount. If you want to switch it over to a stand alone line then you can.!
I've Been Around

I find this flex tab balance a serious pain, My phone broke about five months ago, While I still was stuck in an old 3-year contract.  They gave me 2 options, pay off the balance owing on the flextab and upgrade, or upgrade my phone and pay off the balance on my flextab.  same thing 2 different ways.  I find it ridiculous that comsumers have to do this on the timeline of the phone company.  Rather, I would like to see us have the option of having a portion of this Flextab added to my monthly bill, at an amount I see fit, or a way to do it through the online billing portal.  TO this day, I have a broken unusable phone, that I have to pay a monthly bill for, with a huge Felxtab remaining and stuck in the final year of the old 3-year commitment.   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What you are saying, is exactly what is happening anyways.

When you get the phone, and the initial contract... you are lets say, paying $150 in the store at the time, and getting your FLEX TAB for the remaining amount of the phone.
For example, we will use $500 flex tab... you are essentially getting a LOAN for the $500.
They take the LENGTH of the term (36 months in your case), and device the amount by it.  500 / 36 = 13.89 is subtracted every month.  (10 months into the contract, would be 500 - 138.90 remaining, etc)

It is just being done, in an even amount.

You are saying, you would like to do MORE of that (example) 500 per month?

Really in the end.. it is no differenent than paying it now.   Either A or B, you are still repaying the $500.  Their way, you actually dont have to PAY any extra, they do it for you, out of your monthly amount (which you pay the same even when out of contract).
weither to pay MORE on each bill.. or at when you want to break the contract early, you would be paying directly out of pocket.

Compare:
Buying the phone outright... $650+??
Doing the flextab.. and having to pay out a portion now.  Lets say 1/3 of $500 = $166ish.
Original $150 + 166 = 316... you have still paid more than 1/2 of what the phones value is, and got 2 years usage out of it.

I'm Here A Lot

So here's my question, I have a Flextab and want to know what the benefit of just paying it off is. Is this a charge I'm paying every month anyway? If I paid it off would my bill be reduced by the amount of the Flextab payment? Or is it simply a reduction in the amount owing if I choose to upgrade? Never quite understood what it was anyway.