Paying off FlexTab Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Paying off FlexTab Balance

Good Day Y'all

If I pay off the balance of my wireless phone, can I then get out of the contract?

Would it then cost me to break the contract if there is a zero balance on the phone?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Paying off FlexTab Balance

Hello RGC1940

Yes you can. You just call in, explain that you want to pay off your flextab & cancel your account. You also have to give them a 30 day notice & you will be charged a $12.50 disconnection fee as well on your final bill.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your speedy reply and assistance...appreciated.../RGC1940

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RGC1940

You are very welcome!

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone successfully paid off their FlexTab balance in advance of your contract expiration and gotten themselves out of the contract?

I spoke to someone today and they said, the only way to pay off the FlexTab balance is to do a HUP or Cancel my account, both of which would trigger the ability for me to pay off the balance.

Above is how I understood what the person explained to me are the two ways in which I can pay off my FlexTab balance.

What I really want to do is just have Rogers charge me the outstanding balance, and void my contract.

Is this possible? What do I need to do?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello puleen

Your flextab is your cancellation fee. I did this on one of my accounts a few months ago. Opened a line with a new phone and payed the flextab + $12.50 and my last month's bill and that's all. Cancelled my account right after. 

They are correct. You have 2 options.  You can either pay the Flextab and upgrade to a new phone or pay the Flextab and cancel your account.  You can NOT pay the Flextab and get out of the contract.  That's not possible. . Your flextab will always be your cancellation fee. You can call into Rogers, speak to them via Live Chat or Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and they will be able to help u.  

I would suggest doing this as the store tho this way you are sure you did it and everything went okay. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless you are planing to leave right away.. (which you could do anyways then by paying it off & canceling).. there is no direct advantage to paying it off earlier.

If you descide to leave in 3 months from now.. there would be 3 months less flextab left, so paying less $$ in the end.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

While that is true,the OP is asking if you pay off your flextab, if you can stay with the same account but not have a contract which is not possible at the time being.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i know Smiley Happy

I was just saying.. that its, well at least in my opinion, would be a waste to do so IF it was possible Smiley Happy

While its a good feeling to be off contract.. if you were not leaving the company, you would be paying X amout of $ to get out of it.
(lets say $300 left for example).   You could leave to today or 3 months from now.
You left today.. it would be no different.
You leave in 3 months though.. you've now paid off $12-15 likely / month off the tab.. and now only pay $255ish.
It would be in someones best interest, to keep it on there as long as possible to pay back the tab.

But your right.. it can not be paid off beforehand.

But litteraly on the DAY you want to quit, all you have to do is pay the tab + cancel fee off, and your done.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is correctSmiley Happy. Its not really a waste as it frees you from being on a contract. You are paying the flextab in which SHOULD allow you to get off contract really. Carriers do not want that tho. They either want you to upgrade using it or cancel everything at that point.

Either way we are both correctSmiley Happy