cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying For Number For Almost Three Years

RM6
I'm here a lot

Cancelled a phone number back in Oct 2019. Rogers said they'd put the number on hold and never gave it much thought after that. just realize been paying for number for almost three years. No Tab, just

100MB Mobile Data Light $10.00 plus Tax which is not even a plan. Cancelled again yesterday and offer one month of the line return to me.

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Paying For Number For Almost Three Years

RogersMaude

Good morning @RM6,

Thanks for posting about your situation to the Rogers Community! We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention and apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. 

Keep in mind that a temporary suspension is not the same as a cancellation. I'm happy you can now confirmed the line has successfully been cancelled. Was it a line previously activated for a tablet? 

You mentioned you obtained a credit for the last month(s) you were billed for. Were you able to reach a satisfactory resolution with the representative you spoke with?

Let us know if you still require assistance!

RogersMaude

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur, temporary suspension is NOT the same thing as cancellation. glad you were finally able to cancel the line

RM6
I'm here a lot

Originally was a cancellation, Rogers put it on Hold. Also said they called about the number in 2020. We had no use for the number as my wife went with a local carrier in 2018. Their solution was 3 months refund on the line $30 plus tax. Paid close to $400!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its true they only go back 3 months for refunds,   word of advice, check your bills often.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation