Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line

I just log into the website, which is poorly design and misleading.I went away from paper billing to avoid the danger of mislaying it. There should be an option. Way back when we paid for detailed billing, on the paper bill, so they used have a way of customizing the process

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I remember someone from Rogers on here mentioning that there will be exceptions to online billing for people who have any kind of disability or are elderly or need it for any other reason

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Again - Automatic Billing and Internet are NOT options I want. If I'm in the hospital my family will need to choose which bills to pay based on finances available and which services to cancel or postpone. I want paper billing and I'm willing to pay extra for the service if necessary.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RedMarvel wrote:
Again - Automatic Billing and Internet are NOT options I want. If I'm in the hospital my family will need to choose which bills to pay based on finances available and which services to cancel or postpone. I want paper billing and I'm willing to pay extra for the service if necessary.

As someone in the twilight of life, with maybe only 3 years left due to a newly discovered disease,  I now kind of wonder what would happen with all my automatic withdrawal bills when I go and those services are not being used. Would all those extra charges come out of my estate? It was a lot simpler when my last parent died and was no longer paying paper bills for services not used.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RedMarvel : So, you don't like or use e-mails. You don't want to use online billing for a variety of reasons. You are occasionally in hospital.  For most people online billing is much more convenient.  If it's not for you, then you'll need to contact Rogers and convince them you need a paper bill. Although if you're in hospital or not at home I'm not sure how a paper bill helps if you're not there.  😉

Anyone you designate could have access to paying online, but if you absolutely must have a paper bill Rogers will accommodate you.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

... when I go and those services are not being used. Would all those extra charges come out of my estate? 

You should have a will that outlines all of your bills and assets. Your executor/executrix will be in charge of taking care of cancelling services/bills and your estate.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have to agree with @57 . With paper billing. or even bills received by email, If you're laid up in hospital with no mail or email access, or detained out of the country due to covid-19 restrictions, you would not want to accumulate penalties for not paying your bills.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

You should have a will that outlines all of your bills and assets. Your executor/executrix will be in charge of taking care of cancelling services/bills and your estate.

Tell this procrastinator about it! I've been meaning to do that and now with the covid lockdown  I'm unable to. I have a number of sites where I pay bills I receive by email, all with different passwords. I guess I'll have to ask the lawyer when I finally get around to it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If a person is in the hospital they can have a family member or friend pick up their mail and bring it to them.  

With paper billing, if a person dies the family would know whom to inform and all the account information from the bills.

With e-mail you are NOT supposed to share your log in credentials with anyone.

I want Paper Billing by mail.  I don't know how to make this any clearer. 

Since the Billing person I spoke to could not set this up and a manager was unavailable (an hour wait and no option for a call back when the manager was available), please tell me what options I have to ensure I receive Paper Billing.

Up until this month I have preferred staying with Rogers over any other company that has offered their services.

If Paper Billing is not a possibility I will have to take my services to a different company that can handle this type of request.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I honestly don't know of anyone who has a complete list of all their various bills and billing addresses that they keep with their lawyer / executor.  This would require going to the lawyers any time you change a service provider to give them the most recent list of accounts.  Even with an account number it can take ages to get a service turned off if they are set up for automatic withdrawal.  I know because when my husband went into the hospital it took me 6 months to get his cell phone turned off. 

- Went to one of the places that sold the phone plan and they said they couldn't do it there and I had to call the phone company with the account information.

- Called the phone company to do it and they said I was not authorized even though I had POA from an attorney. 

- Deactivated the credit card they were doing the automatic withdrawals from and even then they were still able to withdraw the money from a deactivated card. 

- Bank told me there were two types of deactivation and they needed to do the 2nd one as well. 

- Only after that did I finally get a letter from the phone company that I could call them back using and tell them that they needed to deactivate the phone as the client could no longer use it.

This event convinced me to NEVER permit bills to be automatic or paperless.