Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

So I can't get a paper bill!

With the $2500 a year plus most of us spend with Rogers each month they are to cheap to mail us a bill, all with the guise of saving the planet. They just want to save money and on top of this the rates are going up again for the same service minus a printed bill. Greedy no!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Maceyas @RogersLaura  mentioned earlier, they can make special accommodations for paper billing for customers unable to pay on line. If it's something you want rather than need it may be at extra cost.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

My mom is 94 and she pays her bill annually. She has no internet and doesn't want her bill going to anyone else's email address, so she needs this once-a-year paper bill. If that doesn't happen I guess she'll go paperless as well and stop sending Rogers a cheque.

Highlighted

Greetings and welcome @Roman42!

Are you an authorized contact on your mother's account? If so, please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can discuss this further. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

I understand that there are exceptional circumstances that surround this change, so please reach out to us so that we can reach an amicable solution.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nope. I even have a computer and since forcing me to go paperless, the first bill doesn't come at all and now for 3 months, I get an email literally the day its due which makes the payment late because its not instant... I can't get to where it shows where my payments are shown and to show payment history is always an error. I call in and they have just as much trouble trying to tell me what I actually owe. If this next month comes up again LATE and isn't correct after 2 call ins, the only thing they obviously can do to straighten out my account is to cancel it and recreate it. Going paperless has been nothing but trouble for me.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

really? because I'm ready to cancel if I can't get my bills right and it all went south with going paperless. And I'm trying to GET OFF THE NET.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I thought the CRTC had already rapped Rogers on the knuckles for trying this once before...
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi 

Good luck with getting off the NET and your billings. By going paperless in my humble opinion they have achieved more work for you the customer and less for them to send out (by hard copy).

My only advice is continue hitting Rogers Customer Service as agonizing & time consuming that can be with your issues, and keep a record of your events including the reference number of every call or message. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line

I do not want Paperless Billing and strenuously object to it for the following reasons:

1. E-mail filters sometimes prevent the receipt of e-mails.

2. If I am sick or unable to get my e-mails for some other reason then my family has no way of knowing that the bill needs to be paid.

3. If someone hacks my e-mails they can get more information about me than I would wish to share.

4. I already receive so  many e-mails it may get lost in the mass of them that I get.

5. I do not check my e-mails daily and actually prefer to use e-mail only for junk notifications.

I spoke to someone in the Billing department and they said they had no way to let me opt out of Paperless billing and that it would be a 1 hour wait to speak to a manager. 

I am willing to pay a small fee to continue to receive my bills by mail.  If this is not an option I may have to go to a different company that permits mail billing to get my Internet, Cable and Phone services. 

Would your company truly prefer to lose a client that spends over $150 a month over this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line

You can avoid all those issues by setting up auto-withdrawal for your bill.  You can then login to MyRogers whenever you want and totally avoid e-mails.

If you don''t like auto-withdrawals, simply set up a monthly reminder and login to MyRogers in time to pay your bills.